01 7.3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 7.3

I'm posting this for my buddy. He said he went to start his truck yesterday(which was about 20 degrees out) and he said his glow plug light stayed on like normal and when it started it sounded like it was camming and shaking the truck side to side. It done that for a few seconds then cut off. Done the same thing two more times and he said it would not accelerate while doing this. Finally it started and idled fine but would not accelerate quickly, lake of power. He said its been doing this awhile but thought it was just the cold. He doesn't plug it in. Anybody have a idea to his problem. It has 230,000 miles on it.

Only does it when it cold, runs good when it runs about five minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Glow plugs may not work properly

Does it have to turn over for awhile to actually fire up because when my glow plug relay was out that is how mine would act but now that they work even when it is 0 degrees mine will start and run smooth after only a couple seconds. Best to plug them in if you can.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Most likely its just because its cold, especially if he doesnt plug it in. I've forgotten to plug mine in a few times when it was cold and when it starts it does feel like a cammed engine wobble. Not an expert so correct me if I'm wrong guys but while the block,fuel, and oil is cold when started all cylindars may not be firing which gives the unbalanced wobble feeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.