Several Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Several Questions

I got my truck serviced yesterday at a dealer in Lincoln and I like getting it servied there but I got a couple questions.

1. For 15 quarts of Motorcraft 10w-30 oil and a new oil and fuel filter with labor the bill came to $197.19. (I am not complaining but I just wondered if that was in the same ball park for for some of you other guys.

2. They told me that trans, diffs, and transfer case fluid all needed to be changed because I have over a 100,000 miles. (Don't know if thats right, sounds good though)

3. What are the good brand lubes and fluids for the trans, diffs, and transfer case on the 7.3L. (I can get those changed with the help of my gilfriend's dad)

Thanks guys,
AJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Ole White

I get my trans done every 25-30K and the diffs and transfer case every 50-60k and I used AMSOIL Sythetic in all four. They are right they need to be serviced.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Ole White

As far as the price for the service I'd say is a little on the high side. I change my own oil and fuel filter for about $ 70 bucks
Old 01-05-2008, 12:09 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
all the info sounds right but 200 bucks for an oil change wow.... i buy 4 gal of rotella for about 40 bucks + filter... i think they are charging you like 100 bucks labor just to do it......
Old 01-05-2008, 12:17 PM

The ticket says 79.20 for labor should really do it myself but it was only like 25 degrees yesterday...so...

Which Amsoil ones do I use for the trans - just the universal automatic or something else? Diffs and transfer case?
Old 01-05-2008, 12:31 PM

That sounds about right,An oil change hrer in Michigan runs about 80.00 and to change the fuel filter with diesel injectors cleaned 180.00. Of course mine is 06 6.0L and has two fuel filters. If you have never changed any of your fliuds it is way over do!!! I do my Tranny at about 35000 and the rest at 50000.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
I just baught the motor craft oil and did it myself today and the total bill at the store, with 15qs, oil fiter, and fuel filter was 46 dollars with tax....
Old 01-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Serving Our Country!

well this is what happens a lot with dealers. when they charge for labor even if it takes less than and hour they usually round it up to a full hour. even if its 25 degrees i cant justify paying 200 bucks for an oil change. i'll suck it up for 10 minutes and throw on some carhartts and change it myself which usually costs about 45 bucks for the oil and filter. as far as the other fluids yes youre definately overdue. i use mobile 1 75 140. should be about 4 quarts for the rear end. not sure about tranny. i have a manual so its a bit different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.