Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Several Questions

917 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  schwarz_06 
#1 ·
I got my truck serviced yesterday at a dealer in Lincoln and I like getting it servied there but I got a couple questions.

1. For 15 quarts of Motorcraft 10w-30 oil and a new oil and fuel filter with labor the bill came to $197.19. (I am not complaining but I just wondered if that was in the same ball park for for some of you other guys.

2. They told me that trans, diffs, and transfer case fluid all needed to be changed because I have over a 100,000 miles. (Don't know if thats right, sounds good though)

3. What are the good brand lubes and fluids for the trans, diffs, and transfer case on the 7.3L. (I can get those changed with the help of my gilfriend's dad:thumb:)

Thanks guys,
AJ

#5 ·
The ticket says 79.20 for labor should really do it myself but it was only like 25 degrees yesterday...so...

Which Amsoil ones do I use for the trans - just the universal automatic or something else? Diffs and transfer case?

#6 ·
That sounds about right,An oil change hrer in Michigan runs about 80.00 and to change the fuel filter with diesel injectors cleaned 180.00. Of course mine is 06 6.0L and has two fuel filters. If you have never changed any of your fliuds it is way over do!!! I do my Tranny at about 35000 and the rest at 50000.

#7 ·
I just baught the motor craft oil and did it myself today and the total bill at the store, with 15qs, oil fiter, and fuel filter was 46 dollars with tax....

#8 ·
well this is what happens a lot with dealers. when they charge for labor even if it takes less than and hour they usually round it up to a full hour. even if its 25 degrees i cant justify paying 200 bucks for an oil change. i'll suck it up for 10 minutes and throw on some carhartts and change it myself which usually costs about 45 bucks for the oil and filter. as far as the other fluids yes youre definately overdue. i use mobile 1 75 140. should be about 4 quarts for the rear end. not sure about tranny. i have a manual so its a bit different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.