Gotta pull the 7.3 to reseal oil pan - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gotta pull the 7.3 to reseal oil pan

i just got a 01 f-350 truck and the pan gasket is what we believe to be leaking. I HATE oil leaks so i'm gonna pull it out and fix it. I know its not coming from the drain hole in the valley, already checked it. I knew it when i bought it and it doesn't bother me to do. I have a friend that is a machinist that is gonna make me a installer for the rear main! So as long as it's out i plan to pull the back cover and reseal that, the rear main, oil pan and i know the nut that holds the dipstick tube adapter in the pan is almost stripped as i tightened it for Dustin when i put injectors in it cause it was starting to seep. Anyone know where i can get one of those new??? Also i am gonna replace the turbo pediastal o-rings and turbo o-rings. I also plan to replace the up pipe doughnuts as i've done them in the truck at work and i know what kind of a pain it is. Wasn't there a better doughnut to use?? Anyone give me a part number or tips?? Anything else i should do?? My dad thinks i should check the bearings but i'm leary of doin it because i know that if i go that far i tend not to stop. It has 203,000 miles it. Do you guys think i should??? Also how do i tell if it has the forged rods?? It will probably be a month or two before i do it, but i wanna get everything ready and take a 4 day weekend and get it out and in. I HOPE. Thanx, Brandon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2008, 06:09 PM
allergic to hot weather

Send a message via AIM to 95and05 Send a message via MSN to 95and05
i pulled mine out for oil pan leak and am still rebuilding it now.
could have just resealed but thought with 187000 on it might as well. mine looked pretty good inside but needed a couple exaust valves and i got the heads worked over by a goo machine shop (ouch) but i know when its all together again it'll be good for another 2-300,000. my thinking is if its out just do it. but thats me. its all about time and $$$. if you don't have extra of both then don't get all the way in. once you go there you might see something that makes you say oh well im this far might as well...
Old 01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea to be honest thats what i'm scared of. I have a tendancy to like everything perfect. Problem is i need it to pull our race car on April 4, 2008. Only problem i'm building the shop now to build the race car in since we totalled old one. And then i have to build a couple race motors one for the race car and a cleveland for a buddies f-100 truck. It runs perfect. I'm affraid if i take it apart i'll completely rebuild it and put head studs and better valve springs in it for a future turbo upgrade. Then if i do that it'll turn into a turbo, oil pump, and bigger injectors yet. It has the RDS 50 horse injectors that i put in it this september when it was still my buddies truck. Where to stop......... How did your bearings look and cylinders???
Old 03-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Pulling mine out to replace oil pan and fix leaks too. How much does it cost to by the rear main seal tool?
Old 03-16-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLstangin View Post
So as long as it's out i plan to pull the back cover and reseal that, the rear main, oil pan and i know the nut that holds the dipstick tube adapter in the pan is almost stripped. Anyone know where i can get one of those new?

Also i am gonna replace the turbo pediastal o-rings and turbo o-rings. I also plan to replace the up pipe doughnuts. Wasn't there a better doughnut to use??
Anyone give me a part number or tips?

Anything else i should do?? My dad thinks i should check the bearings but i'm leary of doin it because i know that if i go that far i tend not to stop. It has 203,000 miles it. Do you guys think i should?
Does anyone have these answers? I am getting erveything ready to pull the motor and trans to replace the engine oil pan. I believe mine is a PMR motor. Are there Forged rods to buy that are not crazy expensive. I would like to go forged with head studs. for future additions.
Any info would be great thanks
Tony
Old 03-16-2011, 11:01 AM

Get on beansdiesel.com and look under the 99.5-03 7.3's. Look under the turbos and take a look at the brass up pipe donut gaskets made just for this problem. Also check out the special on the ICM upgrade for $100. It upgrades the 100v stock ICM to 140V. I just ordered both of these and the compressor wheel they sell yesterday.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:21 PM

beansdiesel.com does not exist??
Old 03-16-2011, 04:30 PM

Beans Diesel Performance (Powered by CubeCart)

Its called Google my friend........
Old 03-16-2011, 04:44 PM

Sorry, my mistake. Yes it is Beans Diesel Performance. I put just Beans Diesel on several other posts today. Guess I'll get more of this through out the night....
Old 03-16-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EArmsF350 View Post
Sorry, my mistake. Yes it is Beans Diesel Performance. I put just Beans Diesel on several other posts today. Guess I'll get more of this through out the night....
wasnt directed at you bud,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.