Leveling Kit - Shackle vs Leaf spring - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Member
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leveling Kit - Shackle vs Leaf spring

Hey Guys.....

I was looking at the Rough Country Leveling kits and found two options.
Leaf Spring Kit for $299 or
Shackle Kit for $299.

Anybody have any input on pros and cons of each.
I guess input on the Rough Country stuff as well. I see alot of guys running Pro Comp. Are the Rough Country or Tough Country kits pretty cheap or decrease ride quality over the Pro comp kits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,361
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
ride quality will be around the same... so go with whichever one is cheaper: Stealth Automotive. 2" Shackle Leveling Kit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: WAY north Texas
Posts: 2,385
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Raul - I know you have both shackles and some springs...

If we were to do one or the other, what is better? I think my leafs are a little saggy or they at least look to be kinda curved the wrong way... this mod is coming for me soon....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 01-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,361
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubular031 View Post
Raul - I know you have both shackles and some springs...

If we were to do one or the other, what is better? I think my leafs are a little saggy or they at least look to be kinda curved the wrong way... this mod is coming for me soon....
if your springs are already a lil saggy i would suggest to go with full replacement springs... it will be a lil more expensive but will perform a lot better....

-Raul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i'm running the mini spring leveling kit (front) from the previous owner, and 3inch blocks in the rear (me). mine rides good as stock, my buddy has the same year, same truck, with 5,000 less miles than mine and mine rides exactly the same as his. (his is all black, mine is black/silver, it's kinda creepy when we go somewhere in both the trucks.) but i know my shocks are bad also, so i think mine will ride better. if i knew how to post a picture i'd show you. but i'm running BFG's 35's and only have slight rubbing on the back of the front fenderwell.

hope this helps,

bishop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiss1 View Post
Hey Guys.....

I was looking at the Rough Country Leveling kits and found two options.
Leaf Spring Kit for $299 or
Shackle Kit for $299.

Anybody have any input on pros and cons of each.
I guess input on the Rough Country stuff as well. I see alot of guys running Pro Comp. Are the Rough Country or Tough Country kits pretty cheap or decrease ride quality over the Pro comp kits?
I've heard the Rough Country is.. well...just that, Rough! (riding)
I'm going with the donahoe mini spring pack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Member
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
if your springs are already a lil saggy i would suggest to go with full replacement springs... it will be a lil more expensive but will perform a lot better....

-Raul
Any idea on where to get the full replacement and how much $$.
Is the mini spring pack, that others have talked about, the same sorta thing as a full replacement?
Mine seem saggy as well. I don't know how to gauge if they are worn out, saggy, normal, good, bad or ugly,.........I'm not sure.
Any ideas??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 01-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,361
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiss1 View Post
Any idea on where to get the full replacement and how much $$.
Is the mini spring pack, that others have talked about, the same sorta thing as a full replacement?
Mine seem saggy as well. I don't know how to gauge if they are worn out, saggy, normal, good, bad or ugly,.........I'm not sure.
Any ideas??
pro-comp makes a 2" lift replacement springs leveling kit with 4 shocks and all the hardware you need to install it... price is $450.00+ship a few other company's make a 2" spring lift leveling kit as well but this is the cheapest priced
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors