Would ya? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would ya?

Alright, so I was bored at work the other day and was surfing CraigsList. I stumbled upon an ad that stated Trade for Dually or Stock Suspension. He's looking to be able to use something to tow a 5th wheel. I clicked on the link and saw a nice looking F250. Now, I have an F350 dually that is really overkill for my "needs", so I shot the guy a text and told him I would consider entertaining the thought of a trade.

I got more details from him and here are the stats:

01 F250
185K, new Ford factory tranny 60k ago
6" lift
cloth interior
nice wheels and newer tires
new stainless braided brake line
never been chipped to his knowledge
K &N Intake
Upgraded stereo
toolbox

Here's what I would give him:

99 F350 DRW
Rebuilt turbo at 125K
New Tires
Leather
Custom interior with A/V setup

The rest are in my sig.

I'm just floating it out to get opinions of others..I have not seen it in person yet. We are working towards that this weekend. Anyone ever traded like that and can you give me your advice/experience (BMV troubles, titling, etc)

Trade for dually or stock suspension
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well its all in what you like. The truck in the pic is a good looking truck. i like the looks of a ccsb but i like the functionality of an 8ft bed. You do have less miles than his but his has a newer tranny. I traded my srw for the drw i currently have and i thought it was over kill for my needs untill i hooked to my fifth wheel and it was so much more stable feeling, plus everything i haul alot heavier than i used to. There are lots of pros and cons to that kinda trade. The drw trucks you have to worry about two more tires and if you lift it and run bigger tires you have to add spacers and the aftermarket wheel selection is crap. The srw wheel and tire combo's are endless. Personally after owning a dually i wouldnt go back to a srw truck, buts thats me.Like i said before it all boils down to which truck you like better. Good luck in your trading and atleast your staying with the 7.3
Old 02-27-2013, 07:44 PM

Thanks for your input. As of today, I do not do any heavy towing. Most of what I haul is in the bed, so I know I would lose some bed space if I traded. I am going to look at it and think it over some more once I see it. Of course he has his side as well after seeing mine. I have been very happy with my 7.3 and don't see a need to change engines.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 AM
Winning DUHHH

Would ya?

Other than the chitty k&n!!
Yikes!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-28-2013, 04:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your truck has less miles and leather. I'd be wanting some cash on top of his truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.