SMF vs. DMF I am sooooo confused on this - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 08:16 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SMF vs. DMF I am sooooo confused on this

My boss has a 99F550 PSD. From what I read they have a Single Mass Flywheel in them. I was told to convert to this style but we already have it by the looks of all the info I found on line about Ford going to single in the 99 year. I have been looking at all the forums and online on info on these two setups and am sooo tired I can't see straight anymore. We will be needing too replace the clutch in the truck soon and wondeing which way to go? We do not use the truck that much, and he likes how it drives and feels. He actually loves the truck more than his stock fully equipped Chevy pickup. We do not have any performance mods done to it. It is all stock and has a flatbed on it. We may, but rarely ever take it to the vehicle gross rating. This is rare, but may happen. We have used it fully loaded and pulling a 16' Miller equipment trailer with a forklift on it once, but this is not a norm for us. It worked fine and had no problems at all. Just wondering if staying with the stock single flywheel or upgrading to a single one will hurt us. He likes the easy pedal push and doesn't want anything more stiff than that. Also may not make any differance, but I installed a Gear Vendors overdrive in it awhile ago. That thing is nice in there going down the freeway now.

Thanks for any help on this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Is it even worth it???

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Welcome to Powerstroke.org

A single mass flywheel is much preferable to a dual mass, in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.