Impressions on my '99 after about a month... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to jtomasik Send a message via Skype™ to jtomasik
Impressions on my '99 after about a month...

I like the truck. It's pretty simple, it gets ok mileage (about 16-17), and it boogies big time. I'm not sure whether it'd get better mileage without the Banks kit on it...but I don't care. It's worth it.

I have to replace the driveshaft center bearing on it. That's one of my jobs to do this weekend. The truck does have a vibration at about 40 and again at about 60. It doesn't feel like wheel vibration. I suspect it's coming from the worn center bearing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2006, 07:23 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Congrats - I'm glad you're enjoying the rig!
Old 08-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Banned

Lifted?

Does your truck have a lift on it? If so, drive line angle could be an issue.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to jtomasik Send a message via Skype™ to jtomasik
Nope, no lift kit. I think it's the extra power provided by the Banks kit (it's the kit that adds about 140hp) and the way the guy before me drove it. You peddle this thing from a stoplight, and I swear it feels like it can bend the frame.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:52 PM

i'm kind of jealous of the early 99's, they are the coolest sounding powerstroke to date. my dad has one, comes stock with a wicked wheel and foil delete! =P had him throw on a tymar, turbo SCREAMS in the cab. couldn't convince him to straight pipe it tho ;;;;;

i think the turbo itself is different, has a yellow "Allied" sticker rather than the raised Garrett stamp. maybe someone could clear up if they did switch turbos mid 99?
Old 08-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

stroker

i have a dec. 98 or considered 99 f-250 and my truck does sound different then any other stroke i've heard. i didn't know they put different turbo's on them too. i'll have to check for that little sticker. by the way congrats on the new SUPER DUTY dude.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thumbs up Yea Me Too

I just bought a 99 350 4+4 dually with an auto trans. I really like it also. The 7.3 is just full of power. We can hook our travel trailer on-- set the speed control and just drive. The truck I traded in had a S chipped 5.0. You can see why I like it so well HA!!! It is still stock at this time. Maybe some mod's later. Good luck with your new truck. As you can read on here they are hard to beat.
99 Red Stroker
Old 08-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How to tell if

I have a 373 posi in my 1999 7.3? Can you tell by the vin? or ? Just bought this truck from a older Gent, who kept in garaged & covered. Only 42K in miles. Looks cleaner than a 06. Thank-you for your reply

Jack
Old 08-27-2006, 05:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A good Deal?

!999 Super cab - Lariat - 42K - Paint is as new - Owned by an older gent who kept it garaged - Only towed a 5th wheel about 15 - 20 times. Everything is original, only thing that I see are the tires will probably need changing before winter. Would paying 15 K for the truck be a good deal? I realize its cherry but its also 8 years old. Does anyone know if a 7.3 build date 10/98 has any issues that I should be made aware of? Thank you

Jack
Old 08-27-2006, 07:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thumbs up Sounds good Jack

Sounds like you found a nice truck. To find one with the age and that low of mileage is great. It isn't even broke in yet. I gave 14K for a 99 with 145000 on it. It looks great and runs out good and with any luck at all it should be good for another 150k. I don't drive a lot of miles a year.It may be classified as an collectors item before it dies HA!!! I sure like the power. It's totally different kinda power than the gas. Is yours a 4+4 ?? And is it a 250 or 350?? Have fun and enjoy you newwwwww truck.
99 Red Stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.