Oil change kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 07:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil change kit

Has anyone used one of those oil change pumps to pump the oil out of the dipsticks , how do they work or should i just bring it to the shop, i see some out in the web for for 25-60 bucks. any suggestions??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Why? The drain plug is easy to get to and I think more of the crap in the bottom of the pan drains out better through the plug than a sucker.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Change kit was designed for people draining oil in the city or suburban areas where space is at a consraint. No access to a lift or jack and no pan to drain oil into, makes the change kit ideal. I wouldn't bother with it myself, if I had no way of draining oil, I would take it in to a lube shop. But everyone has their own ideas that work best for them. Drain ON!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Is yours a 4wd or 2wd, mine is 4wd and I dont even have to have a jack. I just slide under it and pull the plug and let it take a leak and unscrew the filter while its draining. Did it last weekend and 15 min and I was ready for the road again.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Those can be handy for changing oil on a boat engine where space is tight and you can't access the drain plug. I wouldn't recommend to use it on your car or truck engine as your engine is probobly driven in dusty conditions compared to a boat and the oil is going to have more contaminents. Also you put so many more miles or hours on a vehicle over a boat that the oil in the boat never gets dirty between changes.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:22 AM

yep i agree theres no reason to use one on a vehicle especialy a powerstroke its to easy to change the regular way and you get the crap out of the pan and i dont think youll find a shop anywhere that sucks it out either it just doesnt make scense shops do it on axles though so you dont have to reseal the diff cover thatd be the only reason to do it
Old 12-29-2007, 09:08 PM

I use one on my boat but i would never use one on the truck. there is no point since i can get under there with out a jack or ramps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.