Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looking to buy this MONSTER. PLEASE HELP

3K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  Galileo 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am looking to do a trade for this F-350 2002. Could you guys give me your thoughts. I only paid $11'700 for both my bikes together. I got a really good deal on them. This is my first time going into the Ford Family. I am not real familiar with them. Your help and honesty will help me out and is much appreciated.

Kbb rates the truck, at 17500. That's with none of this included.

What are your thoughts on this? Need some ASAP.

I have custom:
06 GSXR 1000
09 ZX6R

And he has:

2002 F350 with 68k miles on it.
12" Lift from BigGun Customs
46" tires
Road armor bumpers front and rear
Bushwhacker fender flares
Custom grille
Fog lights
Winch
Programmer
HKS Super Sequential Blow off valve
Fox Racing Suspension all the way
Rebuilt tranny
Putting new rearend gears before I trade.

See less See more
#4 ·
Depends on what you feel the cost of the bikes vs cost of the truck is worth. Diesels are more expensive to maintain and the cost of fuel is higher than gas. But you have a 4x4 you can use regardless of the weather....

#5 ·
Yes, I understand that. I actually have a lifted dually sitting in the driveway.

All I am asking is with the money I put in the bikes ($11,700) be worth trading for the truck. I mean, to me it seems like I come on top by a lot. You guys are all ford family here. I am new, so I am getting your advice on rather or not I am getting a good deal.

#7 ·
yessir, I just dropped my truck off at the shop because the clutch went out in traffic. That made me look real silly. Especially with everyone here knowing my truck and I... :doh:

Anyways, as far as I see it as well. I think I am in the clear on a good trade. I just want to make sure I get everyone elses opinion as well.

#9 ·
I'm assuming you won't be using this as an actual "truck"?

When he says new rear end gears, is he just regearing the rear end and not the front, aka, making it 2wd?

Not sure the purpose of an added blow of valve . . .

#12 ·
Sorry I didn't see wat u were asking either....as far as the money goes, I think that's gonna put u on top...only think to thik when it comes time to sell would it be easier to sell the two bikes or this truck....I see this truck only going to one kind of market....I men not everyone is gonn want this kind of truck....try and think ahead....how long u gonna keep it?

#13 ·
I would do the trade in a heartbeat but I'm a truck guy not a bike guy. Only thing making me question it is a new tranny and that low of miles. What else is abused? I'd look it over real well.

#17 ·
Okay, cool. Thanks for your advice guys. It seems like a nice truck. I am going to look at it this week sometime. Can you guys give me some advice on what to look for and where? I've never looked at a ford engine. I've owned a cummins my whole life.

I am quite excited to get this truck as it being a ford. So I want to do it right!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#18 ·
the truck seems like it would be a great trade. the tires look bad up front(cant see the rear) and im sure a set of cheap tires are atleast 1500 bucks for that size just something else to look at

#22 ·
with engine running take off the oil cap and place it upside down over the oil fill hole. if the cap gets blowed off it has too much blow by. as far as the build date goes it should on the front driverside door jam. yes its just a check engine light one more thing i would check is the oil pan. the are known to rust out crawl under the truck and push on the oil pan in a couple of spots to make sure its not weak. you have to pull the engine to fix it if its bad.

#24 ·
If the cap "blows" off it is excessive blow by around the rings. If it just vibrates off or better yet stays there you're good to go as far as that go's. At what, 64K miles it's barely broken in if that is actual mileage. No worry about the mechanical diode clutch in the trans, it was an '01 issue up to about May or April build date IIRC.

#26 · (Edited)
As

As I posted at your other thread in off topic - I'd call it a 2 thumbs up deal.

It's worth a heck of a LOT more $ in a different market.

Here's a link to a cheap one down under.

http://wa.ahg.com.au/details/8752.83287/Used-2004-Ford-F250-XLT-(4x4)-RN

and a dearer one.

Put good rubber on it. Clean it up and polish it good. 60K miles is just run in, as others have said.

Cheers!

#27 ·
Sounds good. I too was worried about that rear end deal... I'd want to find out exactly why he is doing it and if he is changing anything. For the price and the mileage it sounds like a good idea. It's a sweet looking truck. I'd do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.