HOUSTON AREA THEFT ISSUE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HOUSTON AREA THEFT ISSUE

Hey guys looking for a little help here. I'm a service adviser for a houston area repair shop and have a fairly large fleet of 99-00 7.3L's. about 22 trucks in all. The fleet owner has had two trucks stolen (equipped with cherry pickers, tools, etc etc) and has asked me if there is some way to disable trucks from starting. I have seen alot of the guys on here with the 6 position chip with a no start dial. Obviously a fleet doesn't want a performance chip. Is there some way i can do this to these trucks with a toggle switch or something to that nature? any help would be much appreciated guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

They could order the chips with just no start, stock and maybe high idle. But it's still $300 ea. Maybe you could get discount for multiple chips. Not going to be much though.

Could use a switch to cut power for a lot of things. The control side wire of the starter relay, (the wire that runs from the ignition to the relay) fuel pump, power to the IDM... Still have to hide the switch though. Any thief is going to mess with every switch in the truck if it doesn't start...
Old 02-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In the 6.0L you can pull the ficm relay. I dunno about the 7.3's but, what about wiring in a switch in the battery cables. Or look up kill switches, and see if there is anything there you could use.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 PM

Find your nearest Ravelco dealer.

Good luck.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:23 AM
Premium Member

Thanks guys. The only thing i can come up with is putting a toggle switch in after the interia switch on the fuel pump circuit and just make an open/closed circuit.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:17 AM

You guys gotta stop talking about trucks getting stolen. I had a nightmare last my truck got ripped off......
Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 PM

We have gps trackers on ours at work. With the plastic dashes you can hide 100% of it up under the dash. Then all you have to do is log on the web site and have the cops go pick it up.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:41 PM

GPS tracker x 2

Downunder we use these.

GPS Tracking - GSM & GPS vehicle tracking & personal tracking devices

Car bandit version - has the GPS and GSM mobile (cell phone) tracking - but the great feature is the remote engine disable via your cell phone keyboard option.

It rings you if the trucks stolen, towed, whatever as soon as it moves it rings you and you track it and let the cops know where its headed at what speed etc.

When they want to intercept they ring you back and you press option 6 on your cell phone pad and the truck engine quits. No high speed chases to damage your truck - it fakes an out of fuel situation so the thief has no idea they are about to get nabbed.

There's a heap of other features (Like airplane black box route recording - everywhere the trucks been).

I'm not associated with the co - but have a couple of these (in boat and truck) and its a great relief to know I can sleep easy.

You might have something similar available stateside.

These will work anywhere with your GSM mobile phone system.

Oh yeah - there's a hidden speaker, and you can broadcast a message from your cell to the thief in your cab when the truck stops....like "Hey Homey, you going down now Mo Fo"! Now you MY b!tch yo hea? Tonight you gonna be big bubba's new b!tch in da bighouse. Teach you phuk wid my truck.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.