Selling out... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Selling out...

Hey all. I'm selling my truck. Wanting to get something newer like an 04-06. Here's the details:
1999 F250 4x4 Offroad. 7.3
8in lift
Crew cab short box lariat package
Basically stock except for the few minor mods in the sig.

Here's the deal:
It needs:
New ebpv tube
4x4 bearings and seal replaced.
Has 288,600 miles.

KBB says its worth 12,000
I'm wanting pay off of $9250

Ask any questions you want!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 1: Why not post this in the classified section (the appropriate place to put an ad)

Question 2: Why not replace the couple things it needs for $600ish (if you do the work yourself) and ask the actual value?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Premium Member

Answer 1: I will move it over there. Didnt really know about it.

Answer 2: Im kinda tight on money right now. I plan on fixing what I can and if I get it all fixed I'll raise price.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Not to be a downer as I love my 6.0 and think it's a GREAT engine platform when properly monitored and maintained properly, but if you can't really afford to fix $600 worth of minor repairs on your current truck than a 6.0 is definitely not for you at this point in time. These trucks can be finicky and can nickel you to death if your not prepared ahead of time to take the necessary steps in bulletproofing them. Just my $0.02.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Not to be a downer as I love my 6.0 and think it's a GREAT engine platform when properly monitored and maintained properly, but if you can't really afford to fix $600 worth of minor repairs on your current truck than a 6.0 is definitely not for you at this point in time. These trucks can be finicky and can nickel you to death if your not prepared ahead of time to take the necessary steps in bulletproofing them. Just my $0.02.
Well, I have good credit and I was planning on finding a truck that is already bullet proofed. Im doing well enought o make the payments thats not the issue. Its just a thought. I appreciate your advice though! Thats the reason I joined the org.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Banned

Don't get me wrong as I enjoy these trucks just as much as the other 6.0 enthusiasts if not more lol. I just know how much I have into mine to make it what I want and for it to be to the point of reliability that I don't need to worry about regular 6.0 problems. Now I just have to worry about ME breaking something lmao.

I think that's a good idea, BUT doing so will greatly raise the asking price of said vehicle. If you have good credit why not get a auto loan on a truck that you can pick up cheap to keep your payment low then get a personal loan and bulletproof it yourself that to me sounds like a better plan as doing so teaches you the ins and outs of the 6.0 and allows you to have a more complete love for it lol.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Don't get me wrong as I enjoy these trucks just as much as the other 6.0 enthusiasts if not more lol. I just know how much I have into mine to make it what I want and for it to be to the point of reliability that I don't need to worry about regular 6.0 problems. Now I just have to worry about ME breaking something lmao.

I think that's a good idea, BUT doing so will greatly raise the asking price of said vehicle. If you have good credit why not get a auto loan on a truck that you can pick up cheap to keep your payment low then get a personal loan and bulletproof it yourself that to me sounds like a better plan as doing so teaches you the ins and outs of the 6.0 and allows you to have a more complete love for it lol.
Lol so I can have a more complete love haha!

That may be what I'll have to do idk.... I'm just putting some feelers out there and researching my options. I love the 7.3 I really do. Mine is awesome and Dad bought a 96 brand new and has 382,000 miles on it and is still driving it. They're awesome trucks. But, Im just wanting to experiment a bit with some other powerstrokes. I was looking at 6.7's but my credit aint that good! Lol Im not too interested in a 6.4 though. Ive heared they had more problems than the 6.0 but Im not too sure on that.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Banned

The 6.4 is a good engine as well. Only problems I have with the 6.4's are the body style isn't my favorite but is nice and 90% of common failure engine repairs require the cab to be lifted to complete them.

The 6.0 is a great engine once all of the bugs are worked out of it.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Most of the issues with the 6.4 are emissions junk related. I second the stay away from 6.0 stuff stated above...
Old 02-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Banned

I didn't say stay away from the 6.0. I said that unless he is prepared he may end up with an experience he won't be to fond of later on. The 6.0 is an amazing engine and super simple to work on. It just takes some extra love, time and money to get them where you want them to be sometimes is all. There are A TON of STOCK 6.0's on the road still to this day that have never had a problem since day one. The problems with them lie in owner neglect. So many people think they can buy a 6.0 and treat it like they did their old 7.3's and never maintain them or monitor them and this is simply not the case.

The 6.0 needs a owner who is diligent about maintenance and monitoring. Hell most of the problems with the 6.0 can be caught and repaired before knocking out anything else if the owner would have just monitored the engine vitals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.