Gauges, Intakes, Exhausts, options! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2006, 11:03 AM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gauges, Intakes, Exhausts, options!

I made this to help another guy on another site and figured it had good info/links and that we could benefit from it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIRST THING -- BUY GAUGES, they are the best life saving items for your truck.
Gauges all 3 for $350 bucks including installation parts. Worth every penny.
Gauge Install Install EGT Pre turbo not post turbo like this install says to do.
Gauge Install 2
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2nd thing -- Buy an Intake System. AIS System is the BEST filtration, but this comes at a premium of roughly $250.00. Not needed if you drive mostly highway miles and rarely in dusty areas. IMO a better option for about 20 bucks is the DIY Tymar.
some arguments on TDS about it...
Here is a writeup I did about the installation of a DIY Tymar Intake
Here are some other pictures of my tymar.
For 30 bucks Napa,Part # FIL6637 and also can be purchased cheaper from www.fleetfilter.com Part # 46637 (To overcome the shipping fee, buy oilfilters and fuel filters at the same time.)
You can include the Zoodad mod (do a search on here)or even DIY setups like this .
So far 350+20=$370
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Next straight pipe ($60-90 bucks) or
Walker BTM at around $60 or better yet, a 4" turbo back exhaust of your choice for around $400 bucks.
So far $370 + 60 = $430
------------------------------------------------------------------
Trans upgrades
Shift kit/valve body... I haven't done this or researched this enough to get you good links or prices.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now your're ready for your chip!
TS had a special on another site for a 6 position chip that a vendor was selling for an ungodly low price(Programs avail were available: Valet, 40,60,80,100,120) and what a deal that was! Similar chips sell for $300-500 depending upon who's name/programming is on the files. IF you are doing long hauls the SCT from DP would be fine. Stock, 40(heavy) or 60 (medium) tow, and 80 econo. Dp-Tuner site
There are ALOT of good products there... I'd go with something from Jody, and the SCT has ALOT of other options that I'd check out since you were be alone on the road (not near home or your garage) which can help trouble shooting!
Here is the TS webpage.
You can check out these websites as well.
www.spdiesel.com
www.itpdiesel.com
www.blackwidowdiesel.com
www.discountpowerparts.com
www.cowboydieselperformance.com
(ordered from shortest to longest name)
There are many, check the site vendors!

I'll just say $400 bucks for programming.
So far roughly 830+tranny upgrades = a Very reliable, optionally self contained truck.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

So for under $1,000 bucks you can INCREASE power, maintain longevity, maintain reliability,INCREASE MPG and alot more... It is defineatly worth it. With these upgrades and your hauling buisness you'd probably make up the loss in MPG gains relatively quickly and then start increasing profits . Just don't abuse your trucks, stick to a STRICT maintainence schedule ie: oil changes every 4k, Tranny flush every 15 or Tranny fluid change/with filter every 30K, Rear every 60k
There is sooo much more I could go into but I think this is as clear as mud but covers the ground...

Last edited by mschn99; 08-18-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.