Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Best fuel additive

6K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  hydroman 
#1 ·
Any opinions on what the best fuel additive is? I've been using dieselkleen but decided to try something different any ideas? Not really wanting to order anything from online unless I really have to.

#2 ·
This topic has been covered at least a thousand times. Do some searching, and you will get your answer.

#4 ·
The worst thing about these posts is that somebody actually Believes there's such a thing as the "BEST (insert -battery/oil/chip/tire/etc- here)" ;)

All you're gonna get is peoples opinion as to what they ended-up choosing for themselves (and naturally, That was the BEST! - right? :D)

#5 ·
That's true kinda what I expected, just like everyone loves Ford or Chevy I get it. Last time I did research I read on forums about 3hrs for the best oil for a yfz and pretty much every forum had different answers and everyone was saying 5 different oils were the best.. Haha almost gave up on Forums after that.. HahA

#7 ·
I've also been using dieselkleen and I'm thinking next time I go back home to jersey I am going to try out XDPs formula. I live like 10 min from there warehouse so I might as well. Also pick up a wicked wheel:D

#9 ·
2003 F250 7.3, I found best thing for my fuel was to run the tank pretty low, add a quart of ashless 2 stroke and fill her up. I can just hear the injectors loving it, and it makes the motor run a lot smoother and more complete. Just sounds happier all together! I hear bad things about it in the earlier 7.3s though..I wouldnt recommend it for the older motors, but then again it's what I heard.

#10 ·
The product that gets the highest lube properties is the Opti-Lube, I've used the 2 stroke stuff and my truck ran really nice with it, but lately I've been using Dieselklean stuff. I will be going back to the Opti-lube thou, I want the most protection I can get with my injectors being right at 240,000 miles.

#14 ·
Anyone notice how the Howe's Diesel Treatment wasn't on there, but their Meaner Power Cleaner was. I wonder what the difference between the two would be.

Anyway, I've always run the Howe's diesel treatment - you can find it at any truck stop, walmart, fleet n farm, etc.

With the miles I've put on my '01 I think it has to be doing something right?

#15 ·
I feel that the best thing to do is go by the test results listed by NoralPh's post and decide per your requirements. I am running Stanadyne for now as I had not seen those test results when I bought a case of it. It is still good stuff just slightly out performed by Optilube in some categories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.