Anybody know what this is? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anybody know what this is?

I was under the dash today troubleshooting my overdrive button not working when I spotted a sticker placed on the computer. I took the cover off the computer and there is a large sticker wrapped all the way around it that says "diablosport" and it's got a website address of www.diablosport.com. I went to the website and it was a performance parts supplier and they do sell stuff for diesels. Anybody know what I should look for as to what exactly might have been done to my truck in a past life?? I'm thinking it might have a plug in port someplace for a tuner, or a chip...I have no idea what to look for though ...any ideas? Do you think I already have a chip or something and didn't know it? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Conservative and Proud

Did you search their website for anything that might look like what you found???

And wow if it already has mods.... that's gonna make everyone who bought used start checking out their own rigs!
Old 08-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Truck probably has a Diablo chip installed, pull cover off computer and look for chip sticking out .
Old 08-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Power Strokeaholic

what kind of sticker is it? is it about an inch wide by about eight or nine long and clear with diablosport wrote on it?
Old 08-10-2006, 10:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ndurbin
If it's a newer chip it should look something like this chip in the picture.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:04 AM

Well, I wish I had a digital camera first off. But this sticker is wrapped around what LOOKS like the original computer, it's just a silver box w/ a huge wiring harness hooked to it through the firewall. I'm assuming this is the computer, it's right under the parking brake basically. Yes, this sticker is about 1 to 2 inches in width, and it's wrapped completely around the computer and it's got "diablosport" wrote on it, so if I took it off, yeah, it may be between 8 to 12 inches in total length. Where again would I have to look to see if there is a chip in it? Do I need to remove the whole computer? I went out and looked again, there IS a wiring harness that is hooked up right under the steering column, it's a female plug about 1 to 2 inches wide, maybe where a tuner plugged in, I dunno.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Power Strokeaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblackb
Well, I wish I had a digital camera first off. But this sticker is wrapped around what LOOKS like the original computer, it's just a silver box w/ a huge wiring harness hooked to it through the firewall. I'm assuming this is the computer, it's right under the parking brake basically. Yes, this sticker is about 1 to 2 inches in width, and it's wrapped completely around the computer and it's got "diablosport" wrote on it, so if I took it off, yeah, it may be between 8 to 12 inches in total length. Where again would I have to look to see if there is a chip in it? Do I need to remove the whole computer? I went out and looked again, there IS a wiring harness that is hooked up right under the steering column, it's a female plug about 1 to 2 inches wide, maybe where a tuner plugged in, I dunno.
hhmmmmm.......i thought maybe the P/O was a dork and put the bumper sticker that comes with them on it. mines clear and about what you described. i guess probably not.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:24 AM

My overdrive button quit working as well, so if you find what shut it off PLEASE tell me.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

o/d button does not work

I have a '99 and my o/d button quit. A wire inside the shift lever broke. Use a meter to test if the 3 wires have contenunity with the button contacts (the button does come out to check). I had 1 wire broke. I had took off the plastic on the steering column under the gear selector lever, pull up the top piece of plastic, follow the wireing harness to a connector by the lever and disconnect. Then pop the pin that holds the lever to the column and pull out the lever. Its a pain but I got another wire down the lever and sodered it in place on both ends. Put back together and all is well now. Hope this helps.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:51 AM

The older stickers were quite large and wraped over the end of the computer. When you removed the sticker what did you see inside? If there is no chip all you will see is the circuit board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.