Clutch sensor kill switch write up - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Clutch sensor kill switch write up

Hey guys i just wired up a kill switch that was fairly simple and easy and hopefully prevents an attempt to steal my truck. And to the mods...maybe this could be sticky worthy???

What you will need
-2 Position switch
-16 gauge wire
-2 Butt connectors
-2 Female spade connectors
-Tiny hands would have helped

First you reach up and find the clutch position sensor, its a black box about 5inX2inX1in and its on a piston connected to the clutch. Heres some pictures of it

Theres a gray connector on the top of it, this is the connector you need to get out. In order to do that you pull the box forward toward the clutch and it will allow the box to spin around so you can access the clips on the side of the connector.

This is kinda of the PITA part mostly because of the strange position you have to be in to get up there but what worked best for me was a flat head screwdriver and just work each side up

Once you have it out there are 4 wires, the white with the pink runner is the one you want to cut. I just cut it in the middle between the connector and where the insulating sleeve starts

Then just strip the two ends and then butt splice the two pieces of wire on each end then you can put the gray connector back in to the sensor, once its back in then you figure out where you want to mount the switch so you can cut the wires to length and crimp on the female connectors to the end and connect them to the switch of your choice.

I chose to mount mine to the left of the parking break release just up under the knee panel out of sight but easily switched if you know its there.

So when its flipped on it starts just the same as normal, but when its flipped off it acts just the same until you go to start the truck it will not even turn over, as if you didnt push the clutch down. So basically if anyone wants to start it they wont unless they find the switch, which isnt hard but its better than nothing i suppose. Anyway i hope this helps especially with all of the recent thefts i have seen on here.

Good luck guys and if you have any questions feel free to ask
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Clutch sensor kill switch write up

I like this idea a lot! Keeps us from wasting a spot on our 6 pos switch for a no start tune.

If I had any worth here if defiantly reccomend this for a sticky!

I got another project Friday now lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-29-2013, 07:27 AM

I like it. Good job!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to buckels Send a message via MSN to buckels Send a message via Yahoo to buckels
Looks like I have a new mod to do. Thanks for the writeup!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckles24 View Post
Looks like I have a new mod to do. Thanks for the writeup!
No problem but the bast thing about this mod is the lack of people knowing a damn thing about manuals in america so its already something foreign to alot of people and on top of it adding a kill switch to it

Hell it works so good sometimes it stops me from starting it and i get pi$$ed cause i think somethings wrong
AgTires4295 and john galt like this.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:59 AM

excellent Ramm.. Have you tried though, parking downhill, let truck role and "bump start" it, see if it fires off? I guess, if they want the truck, they'll get it.

I'm gonna see where that wire goes to. Maybe an easier access point, if any. But, i'm tackling the "RAMM MOD", or "STEIN-STILL mod'
Old 05-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
excellent Ramm.. Have you tried though, parking downhill, let truck role and "bump start" it, see if it fires off? I guess, if they want the truck, they'll get it.

I'm gonna see where that wire goes to. Maybe an easier access point, if any. But, i'm tackling the "RAMM MOD", or "STEIN-STILL mod'
Yea id let them have the truck if they can pop start this truck i did it once and it was a huge PITA because those 44s dont turn unless your moving with the truck on
Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to buckels Send a message via MSN to buckels Send a message via Yahoo to buckels
I think I might do this over the weekend.... One of my buddies from the CCR just got his truck back from it being stolen...his was an auto though. I dont want my girl disapearing
Old 05-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckles24 View Post
I think I might do this over the weekend.... One of my buddies from the CCR just got his truck back from it being stolen...his was an auto though. I dont want my girl disapearing
The key is to remembering to do it and you should be set
Old 05-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Serving Our Country!

The other key is to not tell the GF about it and watch her freak out lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.