Harpoon Mod Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Harpoon Mod Question

I'm going to have my fuel tank dropped for some fuel line mods (ITP in-tank mod) and am toying with doing the harpoon mod (cut the two vent lines with a pvc cutter) so my tank will fill up without all the fuss.

My question is if anybody who has done this already has any problem with the diesel spilling out of the filler neck? Some of the stations I fill up at I will see the fuel froth coming up my filler neck when the pump shuts off with the longer vent lines. I would like to do the mod but not if I will spill diesel out of the filler neck every time I fill up.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 06:33 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian42 View Post
I'm going to have my fuel tank dropped for some fuel line mods (ITP in-tank mod) and am toying with doing the harpoon mod (cut the two vent lines with a pvc cutter) so my tank will fill up without all the fuss.

My question is if anybody who has done this already has any problem with the diesel spilling out of the filler neck? Some of the stations I fill up at I will see the fuel froth coming up my filler neck when the pump shuts off with the longer vent lines. I would like to do the mod but not if I will spill diesel out of the filler neck every time I fill up.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
just did a harpoon mod on stroker x truck, we only cut the vent side (the small one) ,in my opinion, cutting the big one will make it spew out during fill up , two people i talked to about it said the same thing
Old 11-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to rednek01 Send a message via Yahoo to rednek01
Whats this harpoon mod and does it work? I'm tired of washing and waxing my truck just to go fill it up and have diesel spill all down the side
Old 11-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Premium Member

I was trying to get a local shop to do my truck but they have no clue what I was talking about? I'm tired of standing at the pump slowly getting that extra 5 gallons... I should have had Scott do my rig at the SSS also...
Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 AM

me to maybe scott will go into a lil more detail on what to do
Old 11-27-2007, 09:01 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

the tank has to come out , and you cut the vent side of the filler neck tube inside the tan,you can search harpoon mod and find it , i just wouldnt do the large filler neck , just the vent
Old 11-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Serving Our Country!

Here are two sites that explain this mod with pictures:

Welcome to guzzle's In-tank Harpoon Mod Web Page

Harpoon mod (In Tank Mod)

Basically all it does is allow you to fill your tank full before the pump clicks off. The only difficult part is you have to drop your fuel tank (or remove the truck bed) to get to the two lines inside your fuel tank to cut them.

It would be more convenient but I don't want diesel #2 shooting out of my filler neck every time I fill up. I'd rather come up a couple gallons short instead of having to pay attention while it's filling.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:14 AM

thats cool maybe one day if I feel like dropping the tank I will try this or maybe next year at SSS Scott might feel like doing this to my truck since he is already an expert

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.