Edge Evolution??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile Edge Evolution???

01 F.250 Intake, Straight exhaust, And superchip. Want more power. Is the edge evolution a powerful but still safe program? And how much more power should i expect from the superchip on 110, to the evolution? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2007, 09:22 PM
cj41foleyisathief

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Get a chip from DP tunning or Tony Wildman. Call them and tell um what you use your truck for. You like more.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:33 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Ha ha "Safe Program" that's a good one, lol!! Anytime you are asking a product to operate in parameters that it wasn't designed to operate in saftey goes out the window. Safe is "if it breaks Ford will fix it", anytime we add more ponies it is "pay if you wanna play" time. Now don't get scared, if you do the suppoting mods adding extra ponies can be done and you will still have a very reliable truck. If I didn't believe this I sure wouldn't have done it to my truck!! The difference between tunes from folks like Jody and TW are no comparisson to the tunes from generic companies. I actually feel Jody and TW's tunes are safer because they adress many different parameters instead of just advancing timing and increasing fuel pressure. I have never read of one person who has used a generic tune and then tried a tune from DP or TW that thought the generic tune was better. This spoke volumes to me when I was selecting a tune!! If you have a slushbox I would recommend a valvebody. PM me with any ?
Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to pojo4223
I have the Edge evo, and for the time being its great, my sig says all of my mods and for the way i drive its plenty. Once i have my gauges installed i wont be scared to drive it a bit harder. I usually keep i ton the 2nd setting 80hp gain and its got some up and go, and the 3rd 100 hp setting is even better. My friend Jake(psdfan99) had superchip on his last truck and said it was way better than stock, the edge was way better than superchip, and now he has a ts 6 pos and says it blows both out of the water, once he gets the wildman tunes itll be better than the ts regular tunes. I suppose it all depends on what your looking for. For a bit more money you can get a dp or ts chip and have it custom burned to fit your wants and needs where the edge and superchips are pre burned programmers as opposed to chips. Plus with the ts youll have the luxury of on the fly.....if your like the rest of us, once you start getting more power, all you want is more...and once you hit a certain point, you need o win the lottery!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:07 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Edge ain't the best... but it ain't that bad either... especially since you can read and clear codes, determine 0-60 times, and 1/4 mile times with it. It's got it's perks... but like stated above... it's not the best or safest programming.

I have one for sale to
Old 11-28-2007, 03:46 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Quote:
I have one for sale to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.