Is my lift really a 4" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is my lift really a 4"

well, here's my problem.

I bought my truck from a friend of a friend. My buddy told me it had a pro comp 4" lift, and in my enjoyment of finally finding a powerstroke(my dream truck for quite some time), i totally forgot to ask the guy i bought it from if that was really the lift it had on it. That was back in march(or april. i forget). Anyways, i no longer have any way of getting ahold of the guy, and am kind of wanting to know what size lift i actually have.

Its got extra leafs in the front, and extra leafs plus 2" blocks(they look to be about 2"), in the rear. and Pro Comp Shocks(not sure which ones) Is it possible its really a 4", or is probably unlikely?

i've got 315/75's on 16" MT wheels on the truck(were on it when i bought it), and the o driver side steer tire rubbs the inside fender well pretty good(rubbed a small hole in it) when its turned all the way. I have no idea what width the wheels are or anything, and since i am new to lifted trucks i'm not sure about what lift i have. Common sense leads me to think that its not a full 4 inches, but i've had a couple people think that it may be, and some that aren't sure.

Whats your guy's opinion?

if you need more info lemme know

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2007, 05:24 PM

I would say it a 4 just sagged a bit i just installed one on mine I don't get any rubbing but its close with 315's on 16x8 I actually had to adjust my mud flaps to keep them from rubbing check into the back spacing of you wheels pro comp recommends a min of 4" backspacing for clearance Do you have two blocks in the rear?(factory and aftermarket)
Old 11-23-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThrones View Post
I would say it a 4 just sagged a bit i just installed one on mine I don't get any rubbing but its close with 315's on 16x8 I actually had to adjust my mud flaps to keep them from rubbing check into the back spacing of you wheels pro comp recommends a min of 4" backspacing for clearance Do you have two blocks in the rear?(factory and aftermarket)

Yeah, its got the factory blocks in there as well. I'll look at the wheels tomorrow and see if they have the width and backspacing stamped on them somewhere.

The shocks are Pro Comp MX-6 adjustable's, if i were to stiffen them up a bit in the front, would that help you think?

Last edited by CoalRollinRoosterCruiser; 11-23-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:48 PM

My truck sat 4" low in the front when I got it and after I did the front lift it was 2" high in the front so I only used the 2.5 block in the rear and not the add a leaf to make mine sit right so really you get 6" lift with a 4" lift If you go to pro comp.com you can get installation instructions and it will tell you the rims sizes and stuff also if you know the type of wheels you run you can find the info on them on the web also I'm not sure the wheel will have the back spacing stamped on it Oh ya when I bought my lift they said that on some models the tires will rub on the inner fender.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:07 PM

The procomp lift will have 5 leaf springs and you may have the part number still painted on topside of the spring.

if t=you look at the front steering you will see the track bar which goes from the pass side axle up to a frame mounted bracket it normally is grey in color a stock ford piece will be a casting and the procomp is welded steel.

the procomp kits do tend to sag or sit a true 4" in a powerstroke . you can also measure fron the top of the axle to the bottom of the frame with 4" lift you will measure in the ballpark of 11.5 inches

2 inch blocks are normally used in 4" applications..
Old 11-23-2007, 06:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to tollen17
6" lift 315's
Old 11-23-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollen17 View Post
6" lift 315's
are you saying, you think i should get go for another 2"?

i'd like too actually, but what is exactly is the best way about doing that. getting another 2" in add a leafs? or blocks?

and thank you to the rest of you guys for your help. it does have 5 leafs, so from what you guys have all said, i'm pretty positive it is the pro comp 4". Thanks

and i tell you what, this damn place is addicting
Old 11-23-2007, 09:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to tollen17
No.....If you like the look stick with what you have. Man don't start stacking blocks what ever you do! That Diesel will spit them out. Go for spring, It will ride like you wan't. :fawkdance: I had some throwed toghter piece of **** lift in my 7.3 - stacked blocks etc. Had problems. I went and stuck a 6" PROCOMP under mine never been happier........
Old 11-23-2007, 09:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
I went with the pro comp 4"...had it in for about a week now..im already over it. I wish I went 6"..oh well..overall the kit is very nice..installation wasnt that bad..rides nice..i only have about 300 miles on it so far..settled a little in the back..looks good though IMO. Actually your truck looks like mine a little bit.

-Evan
Old 11-23-2007, 09:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Maybe some or all 4" lifts for non-leveled rigs are 2" rear blocks and 4" taller springs in the front......I thinks that's how my 99 was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.