WOT Lag issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2007, 05:24 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WOT Lag issues

I noticed this about my truck tonight. At anything less than 3/4 throttle, the truck pulls great. If I go any more than that in high gear, the boost level goes up, the EGTs go up, but the truck doesnt go any faster. It lags, and you can feel it. If you let off, it will put you back in the seat again. What could cause this? I also get a SES light, and then the truck starts to shudder a little as you let off the throttle completely. I havent run a code check, but my previous codes on the truck when it did this were a 1211, and one for the EBPV, and the EPS. Neither of which my truck has. I also pulled an overboost code, but I never saw above a 20 PSI max boost.

On another note, when I set my Cruise Control, I get a bad shudder out of the truck as it tries to keep speed. What can cause this? No SES light is on, and when I hit the brake, or turn off the cruise, it immmediately stops, and it accelerates fine by me pushing the throttle. What is causing this?

Thanks in advance guys!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2007, 06:09 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My old BD chip use to shutter like that with the cruise on. If you pulled an overboost code then you need a boost fooler. I have herd of trucks registering different boost levels when it set an overboost code.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:10 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Thanks Strokin' I guess I will order one tonight.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:45 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

I just read something where the 97 and early 99 trucks defuel at 14-17 pounds of boost and 99.5 defuel at 22. I guess thats why mine throws the SES light so soon, and starts chug-a-lugging. Didnt know that there was a defueling difference in the early to late model trucks...
Old 11-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

to be completely honest, I was setting my SES light every day from what I thought was overboosting, but I never felt the truck de-fuel. The SES light would come on and I would typically see no change in power or speed. I built my own boost fooler and set it for 20psi and my SES light doesn't come on at all anymore, but even when it did come on I couldnt tell it was de-fueling. But I must say, its nice not seeing that stupid yellow light every day.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned

your WOT lag is probably your HPOP not keeping up.....thats also the cause of the P1211....
Old 11-22-2007, 08:24 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

so does that mean my HPOP is bad? low on oil? whats my fix Marc?
Old 11-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsracinggt View Post
so does that mean my HPOP is bad? low on oil? whats my fix Marc?
it doesnt necicarely mean its bad....just might not be able to keep up with the demand of the chip like it once could under WOT.....and over a long period of time it will very slowely get worse. I would of course want to verify this with a scan tool to make sure thats what you have going on though. If it was found to be that, you could live with it or put a new pump, or twin pumps on to fix it...it would kind of be your call...
Old 11-22-2007, 08:34 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What was the code being thrown lately? I totally missed the 1211 in your first post. But that was then. How long ago and is it the same that is being thrown now.

You can also call Tony and he cas set your chip to request less ICP and the will stop the light as well.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:48 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

I have to have the truck scanned again to know for sure. I will write them all down, and get back to you.

On the HPOP thing, what kind of test do I need to have run on it? For future reference, how hard are they to replace? or to add a second one? what kind of price will I have to look forward to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.