CCV mod again - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CCV mod again

From what I have read and searched, most people are running heater hose to the rear to atmosphere or a catch can. I know plumbing it to the exhaust has been discussed, but is anybody doing it?

I would like to weld a fitting on the downpipe at a 60 deg angle. Any problems with this? I can't figure out if exhaust will come back up the hose or the exhaust flowing by the hole will actually help evac the crankcase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2007, 04:27 PM

You probably need the angle to keep exh from pushing back into c/case.I used 3/4 heater hose & just run it to back of cab and let it into atmosphere.I bought it all at napa
and plugged intake hose insted of buying kit off web sites.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Serving Our Country!

I think if you do it too close to the turbo you are gonna end up melting something, if it were me...I would weld up a fitting farther under the truck.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Probably have to much pressure built up at the down pipe to create the effect your looking for (Bernoulli effect I think). Pressurizing your crankcase is a major problem. You may want to look at putting it in a bit closer to the tailpipe IMHO. I believe most race cars put them in after the headers.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:12 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Scrub it and send it back to the intake. NCHornet builds the units and has over 50+ units out there without any problems. I have a modified version of his and I have no problems. I rout it back to the intake and I would consider it a HP truck, but I am bias. Those of us in Cali also have to worry about smog soon. A modification to the emission system, and the CCV venting is an emission component, is grounds for not passing the truck. So, again I say I like the canister.

Those that weld a bung in the exhaust system mostly do it after the muffler so it is a strait shot out without getting any oil in the muffler. From what I have read.

Keep Strokin'
Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Is there a CCV mod for the 6.0's? I havent seen any post on any forum for this mod on the 6.0's
Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 PM
International Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaF350 View Post
Is there a CCV mod for the 6.0's? I havent seen any post on any forum for this mod on the 6.0's
I seem to think there is... as I've heard of the dmax guys doing it too!

Do you have a hose coming from the crank case into the intake?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:31 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaF350 View Post
Marc worked on a 6.0 truck a couple of weeks ago that had it. I think his use name is "NCS". The vent sent out a hose to atmosphere at the transfer case.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:51 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Thanks Strokin early 99, but actually I have now sold more than 70 without one complaint.
You can vent to atmosphere but is smelly and you can coat the bottom of your rig in oil, not something I wanted on my truck. I mean they really stink, I can tell a truck that has this mod after standing near it at idle for just a minute or so. Some claim they never get a drop out of theirs, than there is a problem, because the whole idea is to get the oil out of the intake.
Welding a bung on the exhaust is a huge gamble, if it isn't welded at exactly the right angle in the exact correct location you will turn your PSD into a oil fountain. Probably 90% of the people who have tried this method have created leaks elsewhere on the engine. It sounds good but as I said it is a huge gamble!! I know Maintain was trying to do it that way.
By far the best method I have found is the collection canister method, even with it there are suttle changes that greatly affect whether it works or not. I have been researching and fine tuning this mod for the last three years and I have something that I know works, not just on a few trucks but every truck, including the 6.0's. If it didn't work I promise you it wouldn't be on my truck and sure as heck wouldn't be selling them to my friends here on the forum. PM me with any ?
If I can get a good look at a 6.4 I could tell you if it would work on one of them. My guess with Ferd is it probably will!!lol!!

Last edited by NCHornet; 11-21-2007 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:27 AM

NCHornet, I have sent you a PM regarding the CCV mod for a 6.0.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.