eventful weekend with a broken ICP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
eventful weekend with a broken ICP

Hey all,

I decided to go about changing all the seals on my fuelbowl and give it a good clean. I went to town on taking apart the whole fuel system, renewed and replaced all the seals, hoses, filter etc.

When putting the fuelbowl back in, I leaned on the top of the ICP harness and broke the sensor ........having priced up the sensor and being quoted $480 from Lordco, I decided to looked on Craigslist instead. I saw some guy was parting out a 7.3 so gave him a shout, set up a meeting time at 3pm to which the guy didn't show up. Waiting an hour and a bunch of calls and emails which were all ignored so eventually left empty handed.

Anyway, I have just read that once you take out the ICP and if there is a bunch of oil in the slot then this is a BAD thing!

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this and can offer advice? After a crap weekend, I really don't want anymore bad news so be gentle if I am looking for a new truck with my finding! LOL

My truck is 96 7.3 PS. Thanks in advance

Can the mods move this to the correct forum please.......just noticed this is for the 99-03 model
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Are you sure you broke the ICP? I'm not sure how thats even possible.
Full price through Ford is less than $200. Somebody is yanking your chain.
There is a guy here that may still have one in the fs section. Has the best prices.
they are much pricier than they used to be though. I remember when they were $50, now they are over $100

Tousley ford parts depot site is down but they sell the ICP for $119

Yes, when the connector has oil in it, they are supposed to be on their way out
Old 01-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Google Image Result for http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/fordanswerman/2012-01-02_022809_ipr_and_icp_7.3.jpg

Sorry for the HUGE link (not sure how to make a smaller one apart from copy and paste!). Where the picture points to the ICP, I broke it from the plastic connection where it meets the aluminum ring. The harness is fine though so at least I don't need to replace that.

I read somewhere that if you see oil once you have removed the sensor then that's a bad thing. I didn't see any oil in the harness once I disconnected the electricals.

I will take a look in the FS section an mail the seller if still available. Thanks
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 PM

Check ebay. Far cheaper just look for a reputable seller.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:06 AM

I just bought one on Ebay for like $45 with free shipping. Working great so far. My truck is finally running good again.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks both, I did exactly that, $45 later and no more heavy shifting or check engine light. Still can't believe Lordco quoted me $480 for the sensor though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.