need an HID guru for some wiring help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need an HID guru for some wiring help

I purchased an HID hi/low kit for my truck and I cant seem to get my head wrapped around the wiring. I ordered the kit from Amazon and they say it came from Absolutehid...they deny that its their kit, even thought the exact kit is pictured on their site...anyway, i have 2 lights with 3 connectors on each, the relay harness, then 2 additional harnesses that i cant seem to figure out where they go. the instructions suck. I will try to load up pics. thanks. oh yes, my truck is a 2000 with the 07 headlights with the adapter pig tails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mine plugged into the truck harness headlight socket, one to bulb and one to ground. Also power wire to controller

Last edited by merc123; 01-17-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

here some pcs of what was included in the kit

Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Serving Our Country!

Not a big fan of the way they did that kit. With the splices it looks like there may be a lot to go wrong with it.

I'll look at mine tomorrow, but here's based off memory:

6 is your relay. Red (3) goes to battery and has the fuse on it. 4 appears looks like the ground.

I can't remember where 1 and 2 plug in but they run I think to the control boxes and plug into that pig tail. The 1 plug goes to the opposite side you mount it on. So if you mount the relay on the passenger side (where I did) that 1 plug will go to the passenger side.

I want to say in the bottom picture, the plug hanging off the seat is what plugs into the blue half circle plugs where the headlight plugs in. Look down below the headlights in front of the passenger side battery and you should see the blue/grey plug. All off the connectors only plug into one matching connector. Can't misplug them.

The round plug I believe is also part of the headlight harness. Should be close to the blue/grey plug coming off the headlight. Follow the harness down and you should reach it.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:14 AM
Serving Our Country!

I looked at mine.

The part coming off the headlight/top of the seat goes to a 1 and 2 on the relay. One for each headlight which is why one is longer than the other. I ran mine under the plastic piece that goes across the radiator.

5 should plug into a connector off the silver box.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
not going to lie from every hid kits ive done that is the worst looking set up u should have 2 compters the ballast and the smaller cube i dont think they are relays but not 100% they should be a direct plug into the factory wireing harness
Old 01-20-2013, 01:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It should be plug and play if it isn;t return it. I've had mine on for years without issue. Drop me a line if you need some help.

Peter
Old 01-20-2013, 03:55 AM
Serving Our Country!

His is plug and play. It has all of the connectors. He just needed instructions to know what does what and where the plugs are located. My instructions were very good on telling me that kind of stuff. You can't screw it up as all of the plugs are different so you can't cross a plug but definitely need to know where they plugs are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.