Price on 2002 Excursion 7.3?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Price on 2002 Excursion 7.3??

New to the forum but have owned my 2000 Excursion 7.3 for awhile. Basically looking for some feedback on a truck I have been looking at for awhile now. Truck is a 2002 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 4x4 with 91200 miles, one owner truck with clean title that has every option. Truck is 100% stock and never had a tuner on it and exterior is in beautiful shape. Interior is dirty but no rips in seats or breaks, etc. will clean up very good. No rust or bubbles on bottom of doors, oil pan, etc. very solid.

Whats a fair price on the truck?

Also under the hood is dirty, with a decent amount of oil/blowby on the pipes around the turbo, anything to be conserned about?

Really appriciate the feedback, thanks, Kris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Serving Our Country!

probably some leaking donut gaskets, not good on estimating prices but kelley blue book should give you a pretty good idea, but i would definately think that it hasn't been well taken care of with less that 100k miles but that could just be me. got some pics?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Premium Starfish Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I picked up my `03, with 171k miles.
If you cannot find any paper/service work that's been done on it, no more than $9k is what would offer.
Because you're going to have to start putting some money into maintenance.
$1000 Minimum for injectors.
HPOP lines, O-rings (eventually Non-Serviceable plug fix)
Starter, Alternator, Brakes, Axle Hub and Bearings and Seals.
Check the A/C and make sure cold and hot air flows to the back for rear air controls.

I paid $12k for mine, and I knew it needed some repairs (to the tune of about $3000 in parts)
Interior and body really mean nothing - it's the drive-train that's going to be the expensive stuff.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

With miles that low price will be higher than that... I bet it goes for $15k range if nice in and out with low miles and loaded options.

Non the less... lowball offers are often accepted... thats how people get good deals.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Premium Starfish Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcrawler View Post
With miles that low price will be higher than that... I bet it goes for $15k range if nice in and out with low miles and loaded options.

Non the less... lowball offers are often accepted... thats how people get good deals.

True - but if they have no service records, Ain't no way I'd pay that much.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPatMan View Post
True - but if they have no service records, Ain't no way I'd pay that much.

I understand that... we each have our own criteria for value and method of bargining... but it sure is crazy how an Ex will hold its value 30-50% higher than a compairable F250 or 350. And that most Ex owners know they can get top dollar if they want to.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

excursion

It is a clean truck with little surface rust underneath. Starts runs and shifts great, just the blow by on the Turbo pipes I questioned. Hubs were just rebuilt. No engine or trans work done. They are at 20000 for the truck.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 PM

Its easy to find the going rate for these. Go on EBAY under completed listings. nice trucks range from 12k to ones that are near mint with under 100k miles on them going for near 30k. service records and overall appearance make the difference.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Premium Starfish Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelless414 View Post
Its easy to find the going rate for these. Go on EBAY under completed listings. nice trucks range from 12k to ones that are near mint with under 100k miles on them going for near 30k. service records and overall appearance make the difference.
Exactly. That's why I now have a pile/folder of all the work I've done to mine.
That just equals equity into the truck's value! With all the work I've done and had done - I can easily turn around mine for a profit if I wanted (even with almost 190k miles on it now.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz_83ho View Post
It is a clean truck with little surface rust underneath. Starts runs and shifts great, just the blow by on the Turbo pipes I questioned. Hubs were just rebuilt. No engine or trans work done. They are at 20000 for the truck.
The blowby into the pipes is not an uncommon issue, which is easily fixed with the CCV Mod. That said, I'd still expect to have some $$ on standby to fix what they haven't told out needs to be fixed (or what they don't know needs to be fixed yet.)

Also - KBB Value even in EXCELLENT condition has the value at less than $15,000 (at least for my zip code.) for private sale.
Just thought I'd point that out.
Not trying to say the owner can't ask that much, but I would still want paperwork to justify that $20k he's/she's asking.
Otherwise - I'd be negotiating that number down.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 PM

no more then 10k$. In this economy not everyone is dying to drive something that averages 15mpg and costs 130$ to fill up every time. I am in the market for an excursion myself but I am waiting for the right deal. My wife wants one to simply convert to vegetable oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.