New old Motor - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 11:00 AM
What u talkin bout willis

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
New old Motor

Ok i came across a motor 7.3 built same month and everything as mine (or so the valve cover says) but i can get it cheap and all it needs is a head gasket if i got this motor what is it potential for slowly rebuilding to be one badd a** motor to dominate all and how much would it cost and my price range is small but i can take the time to do it any info on this would help thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
If you have the time, set a sertin amount to the side ever pay day, and once a week get something new. If you have then cash just start spending. Its dont waist the money on other stuff for the rig. make the motor your main consirn
Old 11-14-2007, 12:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
Thats exactly what i wanna do i mean 250$$ for the motor and then put it in my pup shed and slowly rebuild it but the thing is i dont know what internally i can do with the motor this is really my first diesel to play with im used to gassers and such so i dunno.. any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Premium Member

Get yourself a base of what your total outcome will be. What #'s are you looking for horsepower and torque wise? Will you use it for street and strip or for pulling competitions? What truck are you going to put the motor in? Figure out where your going and you'll get there easier.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:46 PM

wanting to keep it versital to where it will be my daily driver but also be able to get into sled pulling and racing i will have the motor out of my truck if i complete this one to fall back on its still good so i really want an all outrageous motor
Old 11-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
250 bucks...!!!!!!!!

I'd buy that sucker in a heartbeat!! to truly build the motor you are looking at around atleast 15K for a good powerful motor that is built right!
Old 11-14-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnWayne View Post
250 bucks...!!!!!!!!

I'd buy that sucker in a heartbeat!! to truly build the motor you are looking at around atleast 15K for a good powerful motor that is built right!
Yeah that is at the very least! But the good part is you save about $4000 for the motor itself!
Old 11-14-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnWayne View Post
250 bucks...!!!!!!!!

Yeah that is at the very least! But the good part is you save about $4000 for the motor itself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.