firat steps of going fast.....faster? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
firat steps of going fast.....faster?

i have my early 99 f250 6 speed straight piped into 6" stack i did an open elament filter, tomorrow im getting the parts to fix the skip, after that i wana get a plan on preformance mods im thinking ts 6 position, pillar gauges, then idk i drive it everyday but id like to roal coal and be able to show up the little imports around here in a ratty work truck, sugguestions please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wasting fuel out the pipe is certainly the way to show them . . .
Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM

Give up. Its a 7.3 - Its a work truck, not a race car.

I've got an import for ya

Old 01-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

my buddies 6.0 truck is darn impressive and takes imports to school on a regular basis his dually on 24.5 10 lug wheels runs a mid 11 at the track,my other buddy owns the fastest street driven crew cab duramax that runs a solid 10.4 quarter, ive built a couple 500+ rwhp mustangs, i respect anything thats fast, but at the track it seems imports only go slow or break, and the town next to me is a bunch of punks in civics that think there fast
Old 01-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
Wasting fuel out the pipe is certainly the way to show them . . .
if thats true why does every fast diesel roll coal?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopfox View Post
i have my early 99 f250 6 speed straight piped into 6" stack i did an open elament filter, tomorrow im getting the parts to fix the skip, after that i wana get a plan on preformance mods im thinking ts 6 position, pillar gauges, then idk i drive it everyday but id like to roal coal and be able to show up the little imports around here in a ratty work truck, sugguestions please
Grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProOnThaSnow View Post
Give up. Its a 7.3 - Its a work truck, not a race car.

I've got an import for ya

Cute little toy , seriously though your dead on a 7.3 is a work horse and a turd.

Quote:
my buddies 6.0 truck is darn impressive and takes imports to school on a regular basis his dually on 24.5 10 lug wheels runs a mid 11 at the track,my other buddy owns the fastest street driven crew cab duramax that runs a solid 10.4 quarter, ive built a couple 500+ rwhp mustangs, i respect anything thats fast, but at the track it seems imports only go slow or break, and the town next to me is a bunch of punks in civics that think there fast
I'm calling complete and total BS on a 1 ton dually that sits on 24.5" alcoa's that runs an 11.XX at the track. Maybe the 1/8th mile but definitely not on a 1/4 mile. Not unless he is pushing over 700 rwhp would he even come close to an 11.xx anything.

That Duramax better be putting down close to 1000 rwhp if he is getting those kinds of times. I want to see slips or I stick by my original statement of calling BS.

Quote:
if thats true why does every fast diesel roll coal?
Because the person driving it doesn't know that it is a waste of fuel and is a result of a poorly tuned truck. A properly tuned diesel will NOT smoke when at WOT. No smoke is the key. All smoke is - is unburnt diesel and HIGH EGT's meaning there is too much fuel and not enough air.

If all your after is smoke than take some tires and throw them in the bed and take 5 gallons of diesel fuel and pour it all over the truck and set that beotch on FIA. You will have all the black smoke you could ever want.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i guess his truck dont smoke much, that was the test and tune the night before he broke the record it makes just shy of 900 rwhp
thats when he broke the record

i cant find a video of the 6.0 truck but it has twin turbos and makes like 775 rwhp and i think he was running regular wheels when he did mid 11s

and thats what very rich young guys do with there trucks that d max has over 100k into it to get it there and he cant keep trannys in it
Old 01-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Ten Second Duramax @ NEDW - YouTube
i guess his truck dont smoke much, that was the test and tune the night before he broke the record it makes just shy of 900 rwhp
Sick Duramax Diesel Crewcab runs 10.4@132 New England Dragway Fast - YouTube
thats when he broke the record

i cant find a video of the 6.0 truck but it has twin turbos and makes like 775 rwhp and i think he was running regular wheels when he did mid 11s

and thats what very rich young guys do with there trucks that d max has over 100k into it to get it there and he cant keep trannys in it
What did I tell you?? Over 700 and close to 1000...
Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yep they both own big companies, the fun of haveing pretty much unlimited money, guy with d max truck daily drives a 09 f450 with full deletes tuned 4.56s black on black leather cool truck, nd his company has 2 brand new d max crew cab duallys i just seen yesterday
Old 01-15-2013, 05:54 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Soo pretty much, you're not going to get anything like that unless youre spending that kind of money. The 7.3 can't be compared to a 6oh or dirtymax. Its a work horse, not a speed demon. Now can you wake things up a bit with proper tuning and addons? Yes. But it will never run those times unless you drop some serious coin. Even then, its pushing it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.