My truck was vandalized...AGAIN - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My truck was vandalized...AGAIN

Hey guys i just thought id ask you guys since your a smart bunch of guys. So basically on the night of oct 1st someone drove by my truck in the parking lot of my apartment and sprayed the crap out of my truck and a few other fellow residents with a fire extinguisher.

I call the PD and they said since theres no actual damge they cant file a police report. I went into the office and i was all pissed and i blew up on them because my truck is my baby and i dont like people looking at it for too long let alone doing that. well they said the same thing that they cant do anything. granted yes they cant do anything about this time but what about next time?

Well i come home from work on friday and i just had got some new shocks for my truck and went out to fit them up and low and behold someone did it again! and i was beyond pissed when i went into the office this time and they said they would call the courtesy officer and have him take a look...well he never came by or call me or anything...until just now. (so much for you if you have an after hour emergency)

Well basically i want to know what i should do because i dont want the next thing to be someone breaking into my truck or anything because criminals get greedy. What do you guys think i should do because im getting pissed at their neglect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tell them that the powder made its way into your vent ducts and has caused you serious respiratory issues and you are considering going to the doctor...causing you damages...see if that helps in getting them to respond

mono-ammonium phosphate is the main ingredient in dry ones i believe..and is non-toxic...but can cause respiratory issues in high doses

annnnd if it was an ABCD extinguisher i know some of those contents are corrosive...aka corroding your truck away....i would argue damages
Old 01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD444EVER View Post
tell them that the powder made its way into your vent ducts and has caused you serious respiratory issues and you are considering going to the doctor...causing you damages...see if that helps in getting them to respond

mono-ammonium phosphate is the main ingredient in dry ones i believe..and is non-toxic...but can cause respiratory issues in high doses

annnnd if it was an ABCD extinguisher i know some of those contents are corrosive...aka corroding your truck away....i would argue damages
Well im not sure i want to go so far as fraud but it was the powder one and those still do have chemicals that can erode paint as well
Old 01-14-2013, 11:13 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
sit out there one night with a 12ga and wait. Lure them in!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
camera system?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Premium Member

Hang a trail camera from the rear view mirror
Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99powerstroke62 View Post
cuddie back!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellflage View Post
camera system?
I live in an apartment and i cant see my truck from my deck(bothers the hell outta me) otherwise i would have a million trained at every angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99powerstroke62 View Post
I like this idea how much are they typically?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sorry to hear this. Are you really attached to your apartment? Maybe time to move.

Be grateful they aren't hitting your truck with spray paint, slashing your tires, or busting your windows. Although that may be what's next...

Sounds like kids up to no good and kids are stupid. I would try to catch them quick cause they tend to get bolder the longer they go without getting caught.

Good luck.

Last edited by rascal; 01-14-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Behavior Modificationist

Start yourself a file: Take lots of photos from different angles, document the date/time/location (of the PD you went to), who you talked to and get a case number (if one was generated). It's a messed up judicial system (yes I'll be the FIRST to say it! ...wishing I could use stronger words) in that there's no justice for the victim so start here.

If you do have a trail cam or plan on getting one or two, mount one under your carriage somehow that can be easily secured (might be difficult since I know you don't have these tires on to give you a good visual clearance) and hide it out of site. If you can get permission from a neighbor that has a point of advantage, chain that thing up with a lock and hope nobody sees where you've hidden them.

Sorry for your luck. Happens on the regular out here in MD...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.