Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help!!!

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Usmcmudslinger 
#1 ·
So I thought I was going crazy but nope I'm not, truck is a 01 f250 4x4 ext cab 7.3.....now I'm not familiar with this, but the passenger front tire is closer to the bumper then to the back of the tire well, and the driver side is closer to the back but a bigger gap between tire and bumper....any ideas?

#2 ·
Modified suspension?

#3 ·
Front differential shifted on the leaf springs?

#4 ·
I have noticed the same thing only reversed on my red truck... right tire rubs often while the left rairly does.
After getting new tires recently and the rubbing being worse due to larger tires I am concidering losening the U bolts on the side that rubs and trying to move it as far as the center pun will alow... the center pin often have a little slop between the springs and axle which might make a diffrence in my case. How much difrence is there from side to side on yours? If it is noticeable Im guessing it is a quarter inch or more...

Sent from my SCH-I200 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#6 ·
Great point. Ive seen this before.

#8 ·
Would this also cause the truck to look weird from the back? Like looking at it from behind I see the top of the bed rail on the drivers side but not on te passenger side, however after I measured the space between the bed and window seal (up front where bed meets the cab) it's the same on both parts....and would this make my front end squeel when I'm turning at very low speed? Really appreciate it y'all

#9 ·
That wouldn't have anything to do with the alignment of the front end but I can see in your avi that your bed possibly looks a little tweeked towards the passenger rear. Post up some pictures so we can see better as to what you're referencing.

Make sure too that you're parked on absolutely as level of ground as possible when looking/taking pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.