Gauges or CTS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gauges or CTS

What do you guys think should I do actual guages or a CTS positives and negatives I was using my juice w/ attitude as my guages now thats in the classifieds for sale also if people recommend gauges please recommend a brand and model thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Gauges!

The "interpreted" info those APP screens give you from the PCM are mostly gimmicky...

Real gauges, running from Real sending units, are your best choice. You can go from Glowshift for economy (but for the meager price difference, not your best choice though IMHO) to AutoMeter for a big step-up, or even ISSPro EV2's for the top-of-the-line.

The price spread between them is actually only about $150 for the complete set up (3 gauges Trans-Pyro-Boost and the pod & paint)
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 AM

Either way is gonna be just fine....I have both in my truck and there is barley a difference between the two.....they both read about the same.....it's gonna be personally opinion....some people don't like the clutter of gauges and others will like the look of them better then the screen of the cts.....just whatever u want....u will prolly get more out of the cts.....can read more things.....I have 4 gauges and they only read 4 things....my edge reads all kinds of things with just the one unit....
Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I am a fan of the digital monitor over pod gauges. I have used two different kinds of pod gauges, an Edge CTS, and now I am using our Infinity. The Infinity is, by far, the best I have ever used.

The CTS was very generic and could not do any testing. The Infinity reads all of the generic and Ford specific PID's, runs KOEO/KOER tests, buzz tests, glow plug tests, cylinder contribution tests, etc. It will also hold tunes and program the vehicle.

If you are interested in the Infinity and looking for more information, let me know. I'll be glad to explain more of what it does.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I perfer real guages..IMO look better than digital plus if one goes bad you can just replace it...not the complete display..

Isspro EV1's is what I use in my Excursion I have EV2's in my '97.....whish I would have gotten the EV1's..seem to react quicker.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda22 View Post
Either way is gonna be just fine....I have both in my truck and there is barley a difference between the two.....they both read about the same.....
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to call Shenanigans on that one

So you have TWO Pyro thermocouplers? One for you gauge and one for your cts? (bedcause you're not getting EGT's without one for the cts) AND then you have TWO boost sending units -right? (cause you're not asking us to believe the PCM's MAP interpretation is the same) PLUS you've added a Second Trans Temp Sending Unit to the side of the tranny for the cts too right? ('cause, again, what the PCM sees isn't close to being as accurate)

That's it right? You have all these "T's" for all the sensors your cts is using (and, btw, what did that cost you? Boost/Pyro/Temp Sending units from Edge?) so they can be as accurate

Last edited by shu873; 01-14-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: not necessary
Old 01-14-2013, 11:24 AM
IU Hoosier Fan

I like both. So I have both. But if I was just to pick one. I would have to go with the CTS. You can do alot more with the CTS than just your normal gauges.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRalPh View Post
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to call Shenanigans on that one

So you have TWO Pyro thermocouplers? One for you gauge and one for your cts? (bedcause you're not getting EGT's without one for the cts) AND then you have TWO boost sending units -right? (cause you're not asking us to believe the PCM's MAP interpretation is the same) PLUS you've added a Second Trans Temp Sending Unit to the side of the tranny for the cts too right? ('cause, again, what the PCM sees isn't close to being as accurate)

That's it right? You have all these "T's" for all the sensors your cts is using (and, btw, what did that cost you? Boost/Pyro/Temp Sending units from Edge?) so they can be as accurate

Stop shilling for your OWN product and pretending you have an objective opinion in this...

I don't have the cts, I have just the insight and yes I have both, and I only have an extra egt I don't have any for the others, I get them off the computer and they read ju the same as my gauges.....as for price didn't cost that much I got the edge used....
Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I wanna thank all of you for your input I will consider all of your opinions seems to me that gauges are right on point because its a direct feed and the cts reads the computer loop. I really like the CTS for the on stop gauge but if I move my turbo boost feed I think the gauges are better
Old 01-14-2013, 01:57 PM
IU Hoosier Fan

When I read boost on the CTS it's the same as my gauge on the pilliar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.