tug of war - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to teamcasslake
tug of war

when doing a tug of war with trucks!!!!!!!!!!

do you use a chain or strap??

size of chain or strap???

what is expected to brake on a truck like a 00 PSD???

what some tips for winning??

where do you hook the strap/chain up????

just wondering about some of these details

thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
use a strap if you can. Chains can break and send links flying.

U joints, driveshafts, transmissions all fail during tug of wars.

If you want to beat someone and there are no rules, tell them to just stomp it when the flag drops. Hold the brake, and as soon as they're spinning just slowly pull away.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Banned

tug of wars are pointless......HP doesnt matter really....wieght is the only thing that really does unless a rig is way underpowered...
Old 11-06-2007, 07:40 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

That is why I have always won the tug o wars I have entered. I show up with my aux fuel tank full and my tool box packed. 9K loaded is what my truck weighs. I just let them hammer it and I slowly pull them backwards.

So far the best was a 600+hp dodge got owned at the last event. He had to put on a bikini and serve beer for the rest of the night. Priceless.....
Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

I agree t o w's are for high school kids and don't prove anything. The secret has already been told, well part of it, the other part if you can hook to a goose ball where you are pulling up higher than the other guys hitch point you will be taking his traction off his tires. I have heard of lots of things breaking, that is why I won't do it, even though there is a Hummer that keeps begging me. I would just like to drag him about 1 mile and then stop and let him see his flat spotted tires!!
By all means don't use a chain, yes there are some precautions you can take to make it safer, I have personally seen chains snap and take out a back window, think about if it hit you in the head.
Just say NO to To W's.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 AM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
I agree t o w's are for high school kids and don't prove anything. The secret has already been told, well part of it, the other part if you can hook to a goose ball where you are pulling up higher than the other guys hitch point you will be taking his traction off his tires. I have heard of lots of things breaking, that is why I won't do it, even though there is a Hummer that keeps begging me. I would just like to drag him about 1 mile and then stop and let him see his flat spotted tires!!
By all means don't use a chain, yes there are some precautions you can take to make it safer, I have personally seen chains snap and take out a back window, think about if it hit you in the head.
Just say NO to To W's.

Thank you, So many years since graduation and I am still a kid..... Now I get to tell my wife she is wrong and I am not an old fart......LOL.....

Be careful with thosse hummers! There is this family that follows the sled pulling circuit that tows a travel trailer with a hummer. That hummer is 8600lbs and has been known to sled pull and does quite respectful for a stock rig. That thing is geared low and it is heavy. Just be careful. You never want to have your backside handed to you if you can help it..
Old 11-07-2007, 05:58 AM

funny guys. i dont think i'd ever enter one, i've seen too many things break as well. but they sure are fun to watch!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:31 AM

i done a lot of tug o wars and heres what you need to know first use a short strap but a wide one dont use a snatch strap because its justgoin to stretch out dont use a chain either cuz it will break and cause a ton of damage. to make the pull even try to get the hitch heights the same and the weights the same. just hook it to your hitch make sure the strap cant slip off the hitch it will damage a tailgate. when pullin you got to work the brake and the go pedal. when the other guys tires start spinning give it some more gas while still holding the brakes. hope you got a tranny temp guage cuz its gunna get pretty hot. i like to hold the brakes until the other guy starts spinning and then pull him.
the damage i see is you tranny over heating if your truck has a lift that front driveshaft will be the first thing to go. if you really want to do this be prepared for broken parts me and my buddies do tug o war all the time lets see 5 front drive shafts, 2 trannys, 2 rear pinions snapped, 1 rear drivshaft and 3 locking hubs. if you want some more info on this topic just pm me cuz tug o war is kinda of a big thing down here in florida
Old 11-07-2007, 08:36 AM

[QUOTE=NCHornet;319069]I agree t o w's are for high school kids and don't prove anything.

i would have to disagree with that down here in florida its a big deal it proves whos the best driver with the baddest truck you dont need the most power if your truck is set up properly and how fast your truck is doenst matter either. the trucks way the same and the hitch heights are the same after that its down to the drivers little more to it than you guys think just look up trucks gone wild and wacth the vids
Old 11-07-2007, 06:40 PM

I have 99 powerstroke and this kid at school says his 80 dodge 318 stock rusted out piece of SNAP powerwagon around so i hooked chains and i honest to go pulled him around the school and i got suspended and when i went to the office i ask the Pricipal if i could see that damn video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.