Extended crew cab-- want pics - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Extended crew cab-- want pics

I keep thinking about wanting to build an extended cab/crew cab truck... we have 5 kids now, and judging by the 2 lines on the stick, that will be going up to 6 in about 9 months... There's times we need a truck, and need all of us to go... we've been cramming us into my ex-cab red truck as needed, but I don't like for the smaller ones to share a seat belt, nor is it exactly legal.

So I want to build a custom crew cab truck, and add the extended cab to that... giving us the seating capacity of an Excursion, but still have a pickup bed. I've measured it, a crewcab truck with a 9' chassis frame is the right wheel base to accomdate this configuration, using a short bed behind the lenthend cab. But then you run into the issues of the chassis frame not working with the bed (straight vs humped std frame) and custom notching the bed to fit, etc. So I'm thinking that I could find a crew cab frame and cab with doors and interior, reguardless of motor/trans it came with, use the rear part of my red truck, both cab extention and frame, and the front part of the crew cab and it's frame, swapping my motor/trans/etc into the spliced cab/frame.

So I'd like to find some pictures of an extended crew cab truck... I know I've seen them before, but not with a short bed. Not too picky about what bed is behind it in the picture, but just want to see it to get an idea of what it's gonna look like, and to show the wife. I've searched a little bit, but not had any luck... can any of you help me out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 AM

Not much help but that sounds pretty cool.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 AM

I've seen some 6 door trucks but nothing like that. Sounds cool. I too am very little help.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM

I've seen a picture of one, once upon a time a long time ago... it was a JACKED up dark blue dually, with a long bed... must have been a mile long!

Been searchin' Ebay, looking for a rolling chassis... not much to pick from, when I'm serious, I'll put the word out at the local wreaking yards.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Dont know if they are still around but a company by the name of centurion use to make fords with a true 6 door cab and crewcabs with an extended cab even had a full 8foot bed still(seen a few of them but all OBS)..maybe look them up,they maybe able to guide you in the right directon
Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Serving Our Country!

i had that same idea, but i want the 8' bed not 6, take lots of pics as i am taking lost of notes.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
There's a truck like you're talking about in my area. I used to have a pic of it but I deleted it
Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 PM

I see you're in WV

Just a thought for a frame... There is a salvage yard just south of Crown City, OH I think the name is Atkins. They have a bunch of super duty's there. All they deal in is Ford. Might be worth a look. That's where I buy center caps when mine are stolen...
Old 01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Here ya go. I finally remembered the name of the site that builds them Custom Autos by Tim ...The Stretch Truck Company!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:14 PM

Those look pretty awesome...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.