Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Suspension / Tire / Wheel Question

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  VvvJRvvV 
#1 ·
I have an early '99 F250 XLT, 4x4, 7.3L, Extended cab, Long Bed.

I believe the previous owner had a leveling kit installed, although, it could be a 4" lift, I am really not sure, it does sit level for the most part. I do know it is a full front spring replacement kit and there does not appear to be any blocks on the back. He also had installed Rancho RS9000 shocks and Firestone air bags. The truck currently has BF Goodrich 285/75/R16's on stock rims.

I am unsure of how much lift is actually on the truck and what would fit tire wise. As it sits, the tires are right at about 31" tall. There is 10 1/2" of clearance above the front tires and 11 1/2" of clearance above the rear tires.

And now the questions...

Does anyone have any idea of how much lift I might have on this truck?

What are the largest tires I can put on stock rims?

If I could find some aftermarket rims, any idea what size rims and tires I could go to with my current suspension? 17's would be the largest I would want to go, I would prefer to stay with 16's. I don't like the look of humongous rims.

Thanks for all your help!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Pictures would help a lot I'm sure.

#4 ·
I have an early '99 that I added a leaf to the front springs, and run 35's... or 315/75/16's on 16x10" wheels with 4.5" back spacing... here's what it looks like. I do get some rubbing on the back of the front right wheel well, not so much on the left, and I have also trimmed the front bumper a little...

If you look closely, you can see how the bumper was trimmed, I cut off a wedge shapped peice, about 6" tall, from nothing at the top, to about 1" at the bottom...

Tires stick out just a tad more than I'd like, I think fender flairs are in the future.

#5 ·
Thanks for some insight into this. I will try to get some pics tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.