Alarm system problem, wont let truck start? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Alarm system problem, wont let truck start?

Okay installed a autopage alarm/remote start over the summer after my truck was stolen, awesome system havnt had any problems until now. I live in north tx we just got the snow/ice for Christmas so the truck sat a few days in the cold, went to start it to move it and it turned over once then my led flashes and my remote beeps, look at it and it says engine running like i had used my remote start? well i did the turn the key hit the brake and tried and it turned over fine till it started, so i said eh just cold weather, welllll then i notice my radio is no longer working.... Then this morning i go to move it and it will not start it keeps on doing one crank then flash and beep. finally i just go under the dash pull all fuses to the alarm system, and its fine, (still no radio) i feel like the radio and alarm must be linked somehow, not sure what is going on. any ideas? maybe a fuse somewhere bad? leaving to go back to school on Tuesday so wanting to try and fix it so i have an alarm system when i get back out to UT Arlington!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That's a tough one. There are two acc circuits, one for climate and one for the radio. I can't remember what other stuff is connected to each circuit, is there anything else not working like wipers, mirrors, windows? Perhaps the alarm is cutting power to one of those circuits.

As for the no start issue, it sounds like the alarm isn't waiting long enough for the glow plugs to warm the engine and it isn't monitoring the tach signal to know when it is actually running. See if you can find anything on your alarm to monitor the WTS light or add a delay. You could try turning the key to run for a min before hitting the remote start just to eliminate the wait issue. You also need to find out if the alarm can monitor the tach signal so it knows when the truck is running.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuricht View Post
That's a tough one. There are two acc circuits, one for climate and one for the radio. I can't remember what other stuff is connected to each circuit, is there anything else not working like wipers, mirrors, windows? Perhaps the alarm is cutting power to one of those circuits.

As for the no start issue, it sounds like the alarm isn't waiting long enough for the glow plugs to warm the engine and it isn't monitoring the tach signal to know when it is actually running. See if you can find anything on your alarm to monitor the WTS light or add a delay. You could try turning the key to run for a min before hitting the remote start just to eliminate the wait issue. You also need to find out if the alarm can monitor the tach signal so it knows when the truck is running.

as for accessories idk ill have to check on that one, and for the no start im not even trying to use the remote start, just turn it on by the key only lol i dont have it hooked to a tach its strictly delay and timed crank (temp setup dont use it that much) i tried using the remote start to see if maybe it was just wanting to do that and it did the same thing one crank and then said running. but i just want it to start when i turn the key, it killing the start is like got me so puzzled
Old 12-31-2012, 03:35 AM

If it has a auto kill i would start by checking the wireharnes from the auto start. Umm green wire i believe. But it sounds like you have a loose conection.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-31-2012, 03:52 AM

Silly me. If you auto page has the starter kill. And you pulled the fues your truck will not start becuse you cut the connection going to the starter wire. Replace the fues going to the green wire to you harness under the panel on the steering thaing.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 AM

The starter kill goes to a relay which the alarm can send a signal to kill, if the alarm has no power the truck will start fine like when I pulled all the fuses it works fine, drove all the way to Shreveport and back had to start it a few times on stops and never had an issue.

Would the system send a starter kill and then send the engine run signal to my remote? Like I'm not using remote start at all I'm turning the key and its doing this lol

Old 12-31-2012, 04:32 PM

How good are your batteries? I had an alarm once that when the battery was weak it would reset when I tried to start the car. This would keep the car from cranking and then set off the alarm. Thought the alarm was bad, but it was the battery. This was on a gasser though.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:44 PM

It is that or the brain of the alarm has gone by by.. But if you pulled all fuses to the power. I do not think they have the starter kill..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.