Edge CTS Boost PID Issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge CTS Boost PID Issue

Hey guys, i put this under the performance section but no response so thought i'd see if anyone here ever experienced something like this. The turbo seems to be working just great. It's when i'm almost stopped and the PID is reading zero, it just starts beeping and flashing a red "0" at me.

Edge CTS - Boost PID Issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Have you went in and looked at what your "alert" level is set at? I would think if it was at 0, it would do it at anything above but you never know.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I did check the alert and found it was sitting at 40 and the guy at Edge said it should be around 25, so i reset it to that. It's the weirdest thing, started a couple months ago with a random single beep and i never knew which PID it was coming from then finally one day it did it a bunch of times and I saw it was the boost PID. And there's no rhyme or reason and it doesn't do it all the time either which is really odd. It's completely random. It's done it when cold and just heading out to work, it's done it after driving 30 miles and good and warmed up.

Hoping there's nothing wrong with the turbo and after the Edge guys get back after new years that they'll send me a new CTS. They never heard of this issue before either.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Highly doubt it's a turbo issue. Does yours read through the MAP sensor or did you have to drill and tap the intake spyder and install a sensor?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No sensors for turbo on this one, all straight from the OBDC. I still need to tap a sensor in for the EGTs though.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Ok, then it reads through the MAP sensor. I guess it could possibly be intermittently getting screwy readings from it. I wouldn't buy a new one just to try that theory but if you know someone with the same truck, might be able to swap and see if the problem goes away.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well hoping they'll swap it out under warranty for a new one, but i'll know what my options are in a few days. That's a great idea on testing someone else's. Thanks much for the info.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

No problem Post back if and when you find the issue.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wonder if this has anything to do with it. This time last year saw some oil drippage where i park my truck, got underneath, couldn't see where it was coming from. Got on top and saw a puddle of oil in the galley but still couldn't find where it was coming from. Took it to ford and they found i had that cac tube issue, they torqued a clamp and that was that.

Well, noticed oil on the ground late yesterday and checked it out this afternoon. Exact same deal, oil dripping to the ground, puddle of oil in the galley under the intake.

Maybe this is causing my boost PID on the Edge monitor to flake out at slow speed? Should have this squared away in next couple days and will post up if it solves my mystery boost PID issue. Also i didn't have the Edge monitor last year when this happened last time.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Dealer is saying it's a lpop seal leaking. Still working on the boost PID issue on the CTS monitor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.