Question on ford multi problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb Question on ford multi problems

I have a 2001 F-350 7.3 powerstroke, and it surfaced an engine light, and loss power. Took it to the local Ford Dealer which heard later might have been mistake, anyway, they told me #2 and #8 injectors bad, Uv harnesses, Valve Covers, IPR sensor and camshaft position sensor around, $2700.00 repair. Finally here is Question-----Can anyone tell me if it is likely that all these things went wrong at the same time? Or is it possibly a we'll just change all this because we are not sure? Or is it like the older, better theory if you replace this need to replace all that, example clutch bad your there replace throw out bearing and pressure plate as well? Last but not lease Do you think I should just, quit whinning about $3000.00 and fix it all broke or not? Thanks for any and all help!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Last night I asked if anyone could give me cylinder order for my 2000 should have been 2001 7.3 powerstroke Does this make difference on cylinder order 1234 or 1357.

Also thanks to all last night for you great help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
I wouldn't think the firing order would be any different between those years.. but I could be wrong..

Scuffy is the one you need to talk to or Marc -- They are both Ford techs and will definately get you pointed in the right direction -- although, I think it seems unlikely that ALL of that is wrong

Btw -- did they give you any codes to justify why all that needs to be replaced?
Old 11-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Great you were a Big help again, I just want to get back on the road in my own dually ford diesel Strokin instead of my brother gas hoggin 5.4 f-250. Of course I could be walking. Thanks again .....Blue01250...... you have been great help.

Thanks Ray
Old 11-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sorry I forgot to put the reply to last question, They did give several codes, IPR above pressure Injector above-below pressure turbo low pressure and PCM something another I forgot the exact code on it.

Thanks again
Old 11-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Is your truck stock or do you have some mods?
Old 11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned

Ray, if you can get the exact code #'s they gave you, there are several on this site that can point you most likely exactly to waht the problem is. You may have several problems also like the dealer said, but it is crazy to hear of ALL that stuff..

btw, are you comfortable doing some of the work yourself? because I guarantee you Scott(Scuffy) or Marc could likely help you look into the under cover harnesses and other things

Just trying to help out a fellow Okie!

Seems to me that $2700 is HIGH! Once you get the covers off -- you could likely replace all that stuff yourself. the CPS (Cam position sensor) is a common failure and is $27 from the dealer and takes 20 min MAX to change... there is even a write-up on it.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
firing order is the same for all years as well as cylinder locations.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks again Blue for the helpful info and thanks to you as well strokin early 99, also my truck is stock vitalidle, and thank you all for the help so far.

The work as of right now I am on ebay trying to buy parts so I will probably end up doing myself with the help of a local yoco that know little bought mechanics. (great parts changer)
Old 11-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Banned

Well, before you spend a dime on ebay, definately talk to Scuffy - I am driving to NC for the meet out there specifically for him to work on my truck

He's that good -- and he know's his stuff. I haven't talked with him on the phone, but if I were you, I'd call him tomorrow at Trucks Unlimited in Winston-Salem, NC and tell him your problems and their diagnosis and see what he says. He will definately get you out of a bind quicker and cheaper than you think.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Where at in NC is Trucks Unlimited in Winston-Salem, NC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.