2000 7.3L smoke? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 09:02 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2000 7.3L smoke?

im sure i could search all over for answers but this is easier. i just got my truck straight piped today and love the sound but know I am wondering what I need to do to dump some smoke. i guess it doesnt have to dump, but at least see a little black smoke. this year comes stock no CAT too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 02:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You're going to get bashed on this site for asking that question. A better place to get your answer is www.competitiondiesel.com

Those guys will get you sorted out.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:09 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Go to a Cummings forum
Old 12-27-2012, 03:31 AM

Here, I'LL search
Let me google that for you

Diesel particulate filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is what we get for smoking.

Just so you know, your diesel doesn't smoke because it's WORKING RIGHT! It has a proper amount of air to go with the diesel that is in there.

Also, I don't feel like typing this again:
A custom tuner may be the only way to dump more oil and fuel and limit boost. But then you'll just run out of oil and
fuel.

Those trucks probably smoked because they had HUGE injectors with tons of fuel and giant turbos that take forever to spool up. Notice, once they spool up, there's no smoke

Yours isn't smoking because it's making a proper air to fuel burn. Also, you'd probably stop it once you notice what your EGTs do when you do that

There's a proper answer. Get ready.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:23 AM

Guys we should really help him out. I mean what's better than wasting money, fuel and the image of diesels when you stick your foot to the floor in a classic d-bag move of self profound glory. All the while looking like a complete tool to those who know your truck isn't actually fast . . . or tuned well.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Behavior Modificationist

Not making a personal strike against anybody, but I've never been fascinated by the whole "smoke" thing that I see trucks showing off (either around town or Youtube). I realize this is not everyones intention, but it really angers me to see the vids posted of guys going around recording themselves "smoking" out others on the roads (ie bikers, pedestrians, vehicles with windows down).

I saw this once while driving my PSD. An OBS stomped it/flipped the "smoke" switch on a lady riding a motorcycle as we were taking off from an intersection. Of course, he paced her as long as he could bellowing the blackest plume of diesel smoke before she pulled over to the shoulder. She ironically pulled into the same station to fuel up down the street as I did. After she went to the bathroom to wipe the black soot from her hair and clothes (she was covered from head to toe), I made a point to walk up and apologize to her as another diesel owner. She was shocked that it even happened, but more so that I apologized for the other guy who soot-ed her out. Having been in my other ride, the OBS driver and I would have had words, a "Christmas card" issued and a court date.

No room for the ignorance I've seen with the excessive smoke used to torment others/show off.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 AM

Old 12-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Man agtires I really like the truck in your signature
Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Behavior Modificationist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipewrench View Post
Man agtires I really like the truck in your signature
THANKS Pipewrench! Its my weekend pride and joy Have been slowly modding with no end in sight

Forget the smoke, run your truck clean and save yourself from unintentionally looking like the "" on Youtube

Last edited by AgTires4295; 12-27-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgTires4295 View Post
Not making a personal strike against anybody, but I've never been fascinated by the whole "smoke" thing that I see trucks showing off (either around town or Youtube). I realize this is not everyones intention, but it really angers me to see the vids posted of guys going around recording themselves "smoking" out others on the roads (ie bikers, pedestrians, vehicles with windows down).

I saw this once while driving my PSD. An OBS stomped it/flipped the "smoke" switch on a lady riding a motorcycle as we were taking off from an intersection. Of course, he paced her as long as he could bellowing the blackest plume of diesel smoke before she pulled over to the shoulder. She ironically pulled into the same station to fuel up down the street as I did. After she went to the bathroom to wipe the black soot from her hair and clothes (she was covered from head to toe), I made a point to walk up and apologize to her as another diesel owner. She was shocked that it even happened, but more so that I apologized for the other guy who soot-ed her out. Having been in my other ride, the OBS driver and I would have had words, a "Christmas card" issued and a court date.

No room for the ignorance I've seen with the excessive smoke used to torment others/show off.
good god its one thing to look like a p***k just dumping everywhere but thats just... thats rediculous. poor lady has to stop what shes doing and wash dirty nasty diesel soot out of her car and off her face and hair. WTF. seeing that would make me... violent. theres such a thing as common courtesy, especially towards women. OP, do you realllly wanna be that guy? come on, im 18 and im telling you to grow up. make your truck fast, clean, and efficient. not a smoking pile of redneck metal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.