Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

7.3 to 6.7 swap

240K views 273 replies 86 participants last post by  krazyk 
#1 ·
Well guys ive done all i really want to do to my 7.3 so im doing a 2011 6.7 powerstroke engine swap, yes i know its alot of work but i have EVERYTHING needed for this swap and a shop that is willing to do it!!! Rite now my 7.3 has the following mods which ill post at the end of my post which have less than 1,000miles not happy with the over power truck made and was advised to either go to a built 7.3 or a cummins swap but with the deal im getting on this 2011 6.7 with only 11,000miles on it i think its the way to go for me and ill probally be faster than i am now with new motor being stock which wont stay stock at time of going in!!!!! What are your thoughts and please no bashing on my idea of getting rid of the great 7.3 for the 6.7!!

Current mods which ill be selling at time of swap!!
200/30 swamps injectors
Ts chip with swamps tune
Swamps idm
Afe stage2 intake
Stealth srp1.1
Afe blade runner manifolds
Aeromotive regulated return with bowl delete
Complete fuel system mounted on frame rail
38r turbo

All parts were installed and have less than 1000miles on!!!!

THOUGHTS, haha i know i must be crazy but i think itll be a game changer for sure!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
I would say if your looking for big power for your big "assed" truck in your sig then you might have to take the 7.3 out. But I would assume you could get some good HP out of that 7.3 if you took the money that you would spend on the swap on the 73.

That said I wouldn't use the mexican 6.7L, I would do the Cummins but that's personal preference.
Would like to hear more on the process and how it turns out, good luck!

#5 ·
Yea, there's more to do to the current motor, but dang, it gets crazy at that point. We all know where it's gonna go. Twin HPOPs, twin turbos probably, big fuel, built trans.
It's all new with a 6.7.

#4 ·
Thanks guys, yes ive been told to rebuild the 7.3 but ive have nothing but issues in the past with the 7.3 and ive worked out a deal buy a complete rolling chassis turn key for my swap and i feel and been advised by the guys a maryland diesel that aftermarket turbo and tunes with a few other mods would make the 6.7 a beast and im doing dash, cluster EVERYTHING!!!!

#6 ·
Yes i agree aswell but theres 500whp 6.7's on tune intake and exhaust alone lol, i mean honestly ive been talking to maryland diesel and they say i should go for it and with bigger turbo, intake chip, exhaust and delete ill have a fast truck on my hands!!! **** i did all that to my 7.3 and a stock 6.7 will still be faster lol!!!

#9 ·
Thanks sir im pretty excited and trying to figure out a date rite now and shop has told me 40 days complete swap turn key!!!!!

#10 ·
Huge project! Interesting idea, Subbing for results.

#15 ·
I gotta see this please keep us posted thumbs up if you make it happen

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#16 ·
It would be cool and you can have a completely deleted 6.7 that would meet the emissions of the 02 .

#19 ·
This would be awesome to have a deleted late model engine that would be compliant to the highest epa bull***. Take that thing to Commyfornia and all you would need is a CAT in place for the 02 truck. I will be watching this build...

#17 ·
Can't wait to see how this works, those 6.7's seem like strong engines. I've driven one, it flat out hauled *** for a stock 1 ton truck.

I'll keep my 7.3 though, mostly b/c I like it...and I don't have money to do something like this...

#18 ·
Well you certainly have the truck for it. :) I think it's an awesome idea. Keep us posted.

#20 ·
yeah guys thanks for all the feedback and i dont see why it wouldnt be done in 40 days or so considering both trucks will be side by side cab-less and i will be keeping 2011 tranny!!! I will be doing a bigger turbo, bolt on mods and already have the 4inch straight pipe, firewall must be cut to fit motor but nothing major.. And also i have a full 07 harley interior swap now stock 02 problem went out the window over a year ago lol, i think itll be a sick swap and will be something others will try pretty soon!!! I have faith in the guys from maryland diesel and 6.7's with issues addressed are badass motors, 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 all have their own issues so its whatever i guess, i start a build thread as soon as we get the ball rolling so stay tunes ;-)

#22 ·
Big question is will you be getting the best part of the new one.

The front end lol

#24 ·
I will not be building a race motor just putting in a new motor and not sure what turbo the guys over at maryland diesel are talking about but they are changing the turbo which is a known 6.7 problem, ill leave it in their hands cus they know what theyre doing!! And ill be staying with my 08-10 front end for now!!!!!

#26 ·
Yea I take back what I said about the new front end I went back and looked at your truck man that is a nice ride

#29 · (Edited)
Good question, i have an 02 with over 40k already invested into it so who will pay me what id ask,,, nobody lol!!! Im spending way under 10k for this swap all said and done and will be the talk of the town when done and im all about standing out!!!! I dont cut corners with anything i do and will do the same this time around, i come from a carshow background and have one of the best known hondas in the world and you can google my name to verify!!! Kenny Vinces is the name just so you guys see the type of work i do and ive been building sema/ cover cars for over 10yrs so this project seems pretty simple in my eyes!!!

#33 ·
Calling BS on this. No way its happening.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

#35 ·
lol ok ok so im lieing lol,, why would i come on here and make stuff up,, well just sit back relax and stay tuned!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.