2000 7.3L lack of power!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 06:13 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2000 7.3L lack of power!!!!

AHey guys, i have 2000 f350 7.3l . It has 4.10 gearing, a six inch lift with 35x20x13.50 tires, 20" fuel wheels. Performance wise i am running a 4" TB straight pipe. TS six position. K&n intake tube with 8.5" filter. Whicked turbo wheel.

Now here is the issue, all of my buddies have 7.3L also. My one buddy has a ts chip with stock wheels tires and ats trany. And he pulls on me like i am standing still. My other buddy has 7.3 with intake exhaust and stock wheels and tires and a edge evo chip and he pulls on me slightly!!! I dont understand why my **** is so slow and lack of power! My front hubs are locked in bc they are broken but i dont see why my truck struggles so much!!! It is really bothering me. Also these two roll past 100 like nothing. And i can barely get there. And if i get there it takes like 2-3miles..... i need an idea on why it is lugging. ??? I am stumped! My up pipes leak a lil but not enough to cause serious lack of boost. I have tried to think of why it is lacking power. I bought it from dealer. And the only thing i can think of is that some one had a chip on it and didnt reset to stock so it is trying to run two chips/programmers at once.

SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME WHY I AM SLOW COMPARED TO TRUCKS THE SAME PERFORMANCE WISE!!!! It bugs me thinking that i am under powered!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

does it have excessive smoke on acceleration
Old 12-23-2012, 06:25 PM

also you might try the 140v idm mod but that would be bandaiding the problem but it is a good thing to do
Old 12-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Could be lots of things. Hook up AE and c wat u got.
-bad injector, injector unplugged, bad ICP, fuel filter plugged, weak hpop , weak lift pump, low boost, list goes on n on.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:39 PM

one of the easiest things to do would be un bolt the valve covers and look at that connection for the injector harness and see if it is burned up they like to burn up on 7.3 they are easy to replace you can get a set on line with the valve cover gasket and wire harness for 110.00
Old 12-23-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post
Could be lots of things. Hook up AE and c wat u got.
-bad injector, injector unplugged, bad ICP, fuel filter plugged, weak hpop , weak lift pump, low boost, list goes on n on.
Exactly. We can guess and list all day, and still not finish.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:53 PM

I appreciate the response, it gives me a place to start. Does the larger wheels have a big influence on it? This seems like a long a job. Ill have to spend some time going threw it. Is there a way to test anything easy. So maybe i could rule those things out? Am worried that this is going to be a large investment of time and money. It might be time to look for a 6.4......
Old 12-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Serving Our Country!

the only cheap part to fix/replace is the air filter, doesn't matter what diesel you own they are expensive. I would and others will chime in on this, ditch the air filter you have and get the big air filter (6637) from napa and put it on there. I would take it to a ford stealership pay the $80 or whatever they charge these days and have them run the diagnostics on it, that should give you a good place to start if not tell you whats wrong, like they said a couple of posts ago, the list of possibilities is practically endless. whats your boost gauge say when your all in it? changed the fuel filter lately?
Old 12-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here's an idea. If you and your buddies all have similar trucks, split the difference and buy the AutoEnginuity total ford package and you can diagnose anything on these rigs. And to boot, you can save a bunch of money by not giving it to some crooked dealership. I'm not saying all dealerships are that way, but many just don't have the true "diesel" experts to wrench on our trucks.

Point in case I had to argue with the local Chrysler diesel "expert" that my Liberty diesel was not a Mercedes engine. He wouldn't believe me until I opened the hood and showed him where it said VM Motori, an Italian diesel engine company that specifically builds the 4cylinders for all of the Chrysler/Jeep euro and Australian markets.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:50 AM

before i took it to the dealer ship i would look at my vc gaskets ware the injector harness goes through because if that is bad and not the only problem you will have to pay them to do it for you or take it back twice if you have mor than one problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.