Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Zoodad Mod

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  AgTires4295 
#1 ·
Finally got around to taking the time for making this modification. Between the pregnant wife pulling me away every few minutes and other hiccups throughout the evening, it got dark before I knew it :laugh:

Wondering what "noticeable" improvements I'll see!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks guys :thumb: Reference the cooler, its a Tru Cool Max. Its only slightly better than stock. Will be upgrading to the 6Oh cooler in the spring :D

#7 ·
I did a lot of research on this a few months ago and read tons of forums from all different sites. Many posed the same questions dating back to around late 2005 with all equally answered results from sources all over the country. Bottom line is that nobody has seen a problem yet or ever encountered a wet filter. Only adverse effect is slightly larger debris at filter over time. To prevent even that, any ol' screen in place of the hole fixes that. I havent made mine as large as others and will keep an eye out naturally for anything that can go wrong. All in all though, its a quick, easy, trouble free mod.

Edit: The air flow is pretty much as direct as possible without cutting into the hood. You can see the filter if you open it up enough. "Ram-air effect" as some have posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.