Diesel newbie, found a '01 F250 7.3 CC w/ 34K. What do i need to know/look for? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Diesel newbie, found a '01 F250 7.3 CC w/ 34K. What do i need to know/look for?

Hey guys. New to the Diesel forum but not to cars and trucks. i have many years of auto service under my belt just most of it is with gas engines. i have browsed here and other forums to get myself up to speed on the diesel. seems as though the 7.3 is the one to have. i am a firm believer on the manufactures maintenance schedule. so i have gotten up to date on fuel filter changes, oil changes, trans service, transfer service and rear/front diffs. i have done and do all this on my past and current vehicles so its not new stuff for me.

in one thread i linked to powerstrokehelp.com and my oh my i love that guy and his vids. i have watched all of them, even the ones on the 6.0, 6.4 and 6.7. and to top it off the guy is in my backdoor here in the Atlanta burbs.

So i was told of an original owner '01 F250 CC 4X4 7.3 Lariat with only 34K original miles. it was owned by an older man. harvest gold with a color matching fibergalss bed/camper cover. his widow has just recently decided to sell the truck since his death of 2 yrs ago. i wasnt looking for this particular vehicle but since it kinda fell into my lap i had to go take a look at it. i saw it in the dark once. will be looking at it again this weekend in the daylight and a test drive. but from what i have seen it is really clean, no leaks, no tears and such. i pulled a vin check and didnt see anything wrong. had the trucks local dealer pull a history and it had a few warranty items done when it was new but nothing else is open on it as far as any TSB or recalls.

so what is a fair price for this truck? with the mileage KBB really puts it up there. and i have done an AutoTrader check several times and i have only pulled 2 other trucks with under 41K miles nationwide and they are in the $20K mark. i am sure i am going to buy it pending nothing weird on test drive or a major cosmetic/body damage that i didnt notice in the dark. it needs tires, has the original and they have alot of dry rot. other than that i didnt notice anything else of concern. i looked at really well and i am really picky with my vehicles. i am the one freinds and family call to check out all their vehicle purchases.

even thought it has very low miles it is a 12 yr old truck, build date 10/00. so everything belt, hose, rubber, fluid wise is 12 yrs old. so i plan on replacing all fluids and the serpitine belt. along with tires then go from there.

look forward to being here on a regular basis after this weekend. looks like these trucks last a long time. so with only 34k i would bet i have this truck for the next 10yrs. maybe have an antique tag on it one day.

thanks in advance for all the advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry i double posted. great first post on the forum and i screw up. anyway mods can delete this one if needed. i dont see an option to do myself. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.