Could this be a bad ICP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Could this be a bad ICP

Hey guys new at this but I have a 1999 f250 7.3 6 speed has a 4" turbo back straight pipe a k&n intake I just bought it really didn't drive it befor I put and edge evo II programmer and if I rev it up when returning to idle it lopes and same if Im driving and push in clutch it does the same sometimes it's worse and somtimes you don't really notice it at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine will do this and has no programmer but it isnt really bad. Dont know how severe yours is though. To answer your question, Yes, it could be caused by the ICP sensor. I would try disconnecting the edge first and see if it is better. If I remember right, the edge just modifies the signal from the ICP to get more fuel in the truck so it could just as easily be causing it. Also, if there is oil inside the connection of the ICP then it needs changed regardless.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 AM
Premium Member

Thanks for the reply ya it seems to do it in the stock setting to but not as bad as if the edge is on 2 or 3. I did take the connector off no oil there also I have my EBPV disconnected bc it was coming in and out of the cold mood making that hissing noise that won't hurt nothing will it also I have a turbo back 4" straight pipe its sounds normal if u rev it in neutral but under a load sounds like there's a flap in the pipe don't know if any of this would change that
Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 AM
Premium Member

I clearly didn't do my research on the programmer cuz after looking around on some post I get the vibe that the edge is a POS lol so thinking about keeping that to use for gauges and get the ts 6 position chip
Old 11-28-2012, 05:50 AM

I wasnt gonna mention the whole "Edge" thing! Lol. Most here dont like them.

As far as the EBPV, it is fine to unhook it. I know what you mean about the annoying hissing sound. Did you disconnect the electrical connection or the mechanical lever? If you did it at the lever, the flap could be flopping around inside there. These trucks have a "flutter" sound in the exhaust that is natural. The 4" straight pipe will amplify that a little bit!

The loping is probably just normal and is exaggerated when the edge is in use.

Those TS chips are the cats *** if you are going to get custom tunes from PHP, TW, Beans, Swamps, and some others that I am forgeting.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 AM
Premium Member

No I didn't undo the lever I disconnected the sensor on the turbo pedestal ya I had the ts in another truck I had but I bought the truck with all the mods done so I just left it alone I sold that and only lasted about 4 months and had to buy another Powerstroke haha but got this one stock so I'm doing the mods just not sure what's good and not so the ts ishoodoos one to run I don't want nothing crazy I use the truck to plow and drive back and forth to my shop just want some extra and love the look when you shift and see some smoke. Thanks for your help
Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 AM

What is "ishoodoos"? Lol

The Ts chip is kinda universal. You can buy ome of those with canned tunes on it for fairly cheao or all those companies I mentioned, also use the same chip for their custom tunes. Custom tunes seem to out weight everything but come at a price. Having the 6 speed will help. Do some research on here. There is plenty of info on chips and all the tuners.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:18 AM
Premium Member

I will do that thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.