2000 F350 6spd, modds? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2000 F350 6spd, modds?

I have a 2000 F350 XLT with a 6spd transmission, for now it has a spectre air filter stuck on the original intake, 4 inch down pipe to a 5 inch straight pipe, 4 inch lift with 33's and a cheap chip that will be removed for a nicer one very soon, and an isspro boost gauge(theres a pyrometer but i have to order the wiring for it), i plan on doing the DIY 6637 filter and when the moneys right a tony wildman chip. what else can i do for performance/fuel economy, looks, etc? im looking for the cheap mods plus the more expensive mods, however money is an issue as i am in college, and have to pay insurance and the loan on the truck. this is my first diesel truck but ive been around them for a while.
2000 F350 6spd, modds?-5.jpg
2000 F350 6spd, modds?-8.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ya get that spectre intake off their quick like.
they dont filter well enough for our trucks.
you can do the zoodad mod for free. just search it on here.
i run additive every tank. take your pick.
i like xdp's fuel additive but their is others.

your truck looks like mine! lol
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 PM

thanks, what about the ccv's, ebpv deletes, foil deletes? what benefits would these have?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin18 View Post
thanks, what about the ccv's, ebpv deletes, foil deletes? what benefits would these have?
Ccv mod isn't a performance mod. It reroutes your ccv to the atmosphere to help clean up your intercool pipe and prolong the life of your boots.

You can do the ebpv delete by gutting the turbo pedestal for a better flow. Not going to notice a performance gain but may help with egts by a couple degrees.

Foil delete is just an insulation on the intercooler. It collects oil and looks pretty rough. Itll just clean up the engine bay a little. And give you a slightly louder turbo whistle.

Didn't see gauges on your list (coulda missed it) but before any big performance mods, I would look into those. Theyll help your truck live longer since youll know what its doing. Boost, pyro, and since you have the zf6 I would run a fuel pressure or oil pressure gauge.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin18 View Post
I have a 2000 F350 XLT with a 6spd transmission, for now it has a spectre air filter stuck on the original intake, 4 inch down pipe to a 5 inch straight pipe, 4 inch lift with 33's and a cheap chip that will be removed for a nicer one very soon, and an isspro boost gauge(theres a pyrometer but i have to order the wiring for it), i plan on doing the DIY 6637 filter and when the moneys right a tony wildman chip. what else can i do for performance/fuel economy, looks, etc? im looking for the cheap mods plus the more expensive mods, however money is an issue as i am in college, and have to pay insurance and the loan on the truck. this is my first diesel truck but ive been around them for a while.
Attachment 45985
Attachment 45986
other than putting a diff intake and a new chip there isnt a whole lot more to do to it to get better fuel economy....

make sure all your filters are good and that your tire pressure is right.. ultimately the driver is usually the biggest factor in MPG gains...

well be running a good sale on the TW chips for black friday....
Old 11-21-2012, 07:20 PM

i already have gauges in in, i wish i had the money to go ahead and order a TW chip since they'll be on sale but i don't, bump
Old 11-25-2012, 07:34 PM

what other mods or things can i do for performance or looks?
Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 AM

New synthetics. Good synthetic in the diffs, trans, t-case and engine can help out everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
7.3l, diy, mods, mpg, performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.