Dyno day.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dyno day....

Ok so I dynoed my baby not too long ago and was wondering about a few things. Such as maybe advice for pulling just a bit more hp outta my baby. I don't wanna risk breaking it but just maybe 5-10 hp more would be nice.
It is an 03' 7.3 CC LB Lariat (with roughly 95k miles on the day of dyno)
The mods on it are:
1. MBRP 4" turbo back (flipped muffler so the scoops face back)
2. AFE stage 2 intake with a proguard 7 filter
3. 16 pos push button shift on the fly switch with assorted tunes from DPtuner (Max tune is 140hp extreme.)
4. AFE Bladerunner Intake (it actually gave me 2.5 psi of boost over factory 27.5-30 peak)
5. Autometer guages. (boost, pyro, and trans)
6. 6.0 trans cooler upgrade.

But any ways I ran it and it peaked at barely under 300hp. I have the run sheet but not with me. I'm currently deployed but can have my girlfriend send me a pic of it if needed. Not overly upset just figured it would've been more, several guys told me that their trucks were running low on the dyno that day and maybe the dyno was running limp. They said that they would guess the truck would be over 300 hp that day. I guess the only way to make sure would be to run it a few more times and average it.

One thing sticks in my mind though when they ran it the last time I told them to push to 13.5 pyro and the truck seemed to surge. they said it was the rev limiter. I wasn't aware that they even had rev limiters... Is that what happened or is it something else? Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome.

P.S. future mod when I get home will probably be a water-meth injection by snow performance, very likely the MPG-max system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
5-10 more hp?? Guess the big hp bug never bit you.. 1000 on a water meth system is kinda a little overkill for the mods you have listed though, maybe others will chime in but I don't plan on running a kit like that till I get bigger injectors.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Premium Member

true a grand is excessive but if the mpg claims are what is hyped up then with time 1-3 mpg increase is well worth it. I know it will take years for it to pay for itself but hey when I tow I don't have to worry either... and larger injectors mean slightly less mpg... don't know god I hate decisions..... Mileage or Horsepower????? FML
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 PM

single shot injectors over split shots mean better mpg as long as you keep your foot outta it.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:40 PM

are you running the blade runner intake manifold? What are you running for an air filter?
Old 11-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Premium Member

Yep blade runner manifold. As mentioned before its a pro guard 7 filter. I know it's thicker than the rest but more filter=safer to an extent. Wouldn't consider a k&n for a second. Too many reports of people dusting their turbo wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 PM

I would even ditch that for the 6637.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Premium Member

naw gonna get a cervini hood with ram air that connects to the air filter box and cowl lifts on the back... and replacing something that works well and is already tapped for water meth injection... not high on my list.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:04 PM

If all your really after is 5-10Hp, you could do the zoodad mod (would help till you get the hood), or go this route 7.3 Power Stroke IDM Modification supposed to add 15-30 but I have read it mostly gives a more notible acceleration
Old 11-19-2012, 04:59 PM

you could also get the FRx from riff raff, maybe if you have the money step up and get a complete regulated return fuel system. That will help out quite abit with fuel economy as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.