Join Date: Nov 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok so I dynoed my baby not too long ago and was wondering about a few things. Such as maybe advice for pulling just a bit more hp outta my baby. I don't wanna risk breaking it but just maybe 5-10 hp more would be nice.
It is an 03' 7.3 CC LB Lariat (with roughly 95k miles on the day of dyno)
The mods on it are:
1. MBRP 4" turbo back (flipped muffler so the scoops face back)
2. AFE stage 2 intake with a proguard 7 filter
3. 16 pos push button shift on the fly switch with assorted tunes from DPtuner (Max tune is 140hp extreme.)
4. AFE Bladerunner Intake (it actually gave me 2.5 psi of boost over factory 27.5-30 peak)
5. Autometer guages. (boost, pyro, and trans)
6. 6.0 trans cooler upgrade.
But any ways I ran it and it peaked at barely under 300hp. I have the run sheet but not with me. I'm currently deployed but can have my girlfriend send me a pic of it if needed. Not overly upset just figured it would've been more, several guys told me that their trucks were running low on the dyno that day and maybe the dyno was running limp. They said that they would guess the truck would be over 300 hp that day. I guess the only way to make sure would be to run it a few more times and average it.
One thing sticks in my mind though when they ran it the last time I told them to push to 13.5 pyro and the truck seemed to surge. they said it was the rev limiter. I wasn't aware that they even had rev limiters... Is that what happened or is it something else? Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome.
P.S. future mod when I get home will probably be a water-meth injection by snow performance, very likely the MPG-max system.
I'll take my older diesel over your brand new gas burner any day of the week...