Removing injector connector - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tristanlee85 Send a message via MSN to tristanlee85 Send a message via Yahoo to tristanlee85
Removing injector connector

I am in the process of replacing the glow plugs and decided to do new valve cover gaskets as well. While unplugging the injectors, 1 of the plugs had a piece break off up in the connector. So I'm not able to plug in my new harness until I remove the piece still up in there. From this image, it's up in the left corner - very small piece preventing me from plugging in. there are 4 torx screws on top the connector. Can I remove those to remove the connector and clean out the broken plastic or do I have to remove the whole injector?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 07:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No picture?
Old 11-03-2012, 07:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to tristanlee85 Send a message via MSN to tristanlee85 Send a message via Yahoo to tristanlee85
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...nz6PbmW0Mki2KQ Trying to post it from Google images. Hopefully that link works.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:02 PM

When I say "plugs broke off inside the connector" I mean that when I went to unplug the injector, part of that connector plug snapped off inside the top of the injector. If I have to remove the injector that's fine... just not sure what would be involved with the oil and fuel situation (if anything).
Old 11-03-2012, 08:36 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Honestly not sure what pulling those screws will do. All I do know is if you need to remove the injector, you'd need to drain the oil rail, to avoid dumping it into the cylinder.

Fuel rail too, IIRC.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 AM

I suppose I will work with a paper clip or maybe some compressed air to see if I can just blow the plastic piece out then. Would really like the avoid all that trouble if possible... thanks for the info!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:09 AM

An air compressor, blow gun and flexible hose to point up into the injector connector took all of 15 seconds... sure beats removing everything. Wish I would have thought about that last night when it was raining.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.