Who use Lucas Oil - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who use Lucas Oil

It about time for me to change oil on my 02 7.3. Wonder who use Lucas Oil stabilizer? Guy who own the truck before me he use rev-x but I can't afford $65 for 2 bottles. I just want see feedback or opinion for Lucas Oil stabilizer. Anybody use them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Shooting and Squirting

I use it, use the synthetic tho. It actually says on the synthetic bottle that it is recommended for powerstrokes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 11-01-2012, 05:02 PM

Yeah saw that on their website. I guess I will have to go around in town and look for pure synthetic oil.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:14 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have their gear oil in my truck, am about to order a case of transmission fluid for the truck, and will be switching to their 5w40 diesel oil my next oil change.

Make sure you get the synthetic stabilizer. The conventional bottle says right on the bottle to not use it in Powerstroke motors.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:23 PM

I'm plan on using Lucas Oil pure synthetic oil and Delo 400 LE oil. Truck been running on Delo 400 LE for long time.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:38 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In an heui system I wouldn't run lucas. At my old job(gas mechanic) we figured lucas was no good because how thick it is, when we reserched it we found out lucas oil additive is a 220w... Think how well that helps your injectors that suck at cold firing with a 15w oil. Lucas blows in my book, I have seen it destroy numerous trannys because it is to thick, and it is hard on heui systems. Just because they recommend it doesn't mean crap, they are the ones trying to sell it to you.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:49 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentexpowerstroke View Post
In an heui system I wouldn't run lucas. At my old job(gas mechanic) we figured lucas was no good because how thick it is, when we reserched it we found out lucas oil additive is a 220w... Think how well that helps your injectors that suck at cold firing with a 15w oil. Lucas blows in my book, I have seen it destroy numerous trannys because it is to thick, and it is hard on heui systems. Just because they recommend it doesn't mean crap, they are the ones trying to sell it to you.
Yup!!!!
Any additive that isnt designed with the pressure of our injectors in mind is bad. People can say "well, hell, I use it and my motor has 200k"....that doesnt mean anything. Look at the additve. Has it performed above the PSI that your injectors oil fire at? Do you ahve the stats and data on that?

Your 7.3 will love some synthetic oil. Thats about all I would put in there. The Revx is a good product but really helps the stiction issues with the 6.0. The 7.3 doesnt have as many stiction issues as 6L.

Wouldnt do it makes sense to keep that away from your truck. Even if someones grandfather has used it in everything for 40 years with no problem.....doesnt mean its good for your truck.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:14 PM

Well I already bought and pour Lucas oil pure synthetic when I changed oil past weekend. Couldn't afford $65 for rev-x. I paid $15 for Lucas oil. Maybe next oil change I just use oil that it.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy942 View Post
I use it, use the synthetic tho. It actually says on the synthetic bottle that it is recommended for powerstrokes.
Well then it must be true

I dont like lucas oil. I prefer an oil like Amsoil or T6.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i just run 15 quarts of T6 and i figure regular oil changing and you shouldn't need rev x either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.