Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Who use Lucas Oil

56K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  smoke 40 
#1 ·
It about time for me to change oil on my 02 7.3. Wonder who use Lucas Oil stabilizer? Guy who own the truck before me he use rev-x but I can't afford $65 for 2 bottles. I just want see feedback or opinion for Lucas Oil stabilizer. Anybody use them?

#9 ·
I use it, use the synthetic tho. It actually says on the synthetic bottle that it is recommended for powerstrokes.
Well then it must be true :taze: :wink[3]:

I dont like lucas oil. I prefer an oil like Amsoil or T6.

#3 ·
Yeah saw that on their website. I guess I will have to go around in town and look for pure synthetic oil.

#4 ·
I have their gear oil in my truck, am about to order a case of transmission fluid for the truck, and will be switching to their 5w40 diesel oil my next oil change. :thumb:

Make sure you get the synthetic stabilizer. The conventional bottle says right on the bottle to not use it in Powerstroke motors.

#5 ·
I'm plan on using Lucas Oil pure synthetic oil and Delo 400 LE oil. Truck been running on Delo 400 LE for long time.

#6 ·
In an heui system I wouldn't run lucas. At my old job(gas mechanic) we figured lucas was no good because how thick it is, when we reserched it we found out lucas oil additive is a 220w... Think how well that helps your injectors that suck at cold firing with a 15w oil. Lucas blows in my book, I have seen it destroy numerous trannys because it is to thick, and it is hard on heui systems. Just because they recommend it doesn't mean crap, they are the ones trying to sell it to you.

#7 ·
Yup!!!!
Any additive that isnt designed with the pressure of our injectors in mind is bad. People can say "well, hell, I use it and my motor has 200k"....that doesnt mean anything. Look at the additve. Has it performed above the PSI that your injectors oil fire at? Do you ahve the stats and data on that?

Your 7.3 will love some synthetic oil. Thats about all I would put in there. The Revx is a good product but really helps the stiction issues with the 6.0. The 7.3 doesnt have as many stiction issues as 6L.

Wouldnt do it makes sense to keep that away from your truck. Even if someones grandfather has used it in everything for 40 years with no problem.....doesnt mean its good for your truck.

#8 ·
Well I already bought and pour Lucas oil pure synthetic when I changed oil past weekend. Couldn't afford $65 for rev-x. I paid $15 for Lucas oil. Maybe next oil change I just use oil that it.

#10 ·
i just run 15 quarts of T6 and i figure regular oil changing and you shouldn't need rev x either.

#12 ·
Bingo!!!!:thumb:

#11 ·
i swear by their transmission fix in a bottle. kept my tranny alive for nearly three years.

I wouldn't piss on their oil products though

#17 ·
Yup! Kept the transmission in my enduro car alive for 4 consecutive weeks. Transmission guy was amazed it was still driving when he took it apart. But big no no on the oil. I use 5w-40 Motorcraft Syn all year and she loves it.

#13 ·
What about mobil delvac i rarely see it mentioned on this site its not synthetic but ive been using it from day one the truck has just over 300k i have used regular rotella some whenever i cant get Mobil but the truck burns noticeably more rotella than delvac i usually burn a quart between 5000 mile changes

#15 ·
What do you base that on? I havent seen a chemical breakdown or pressure test so I dont know.

Do you have any data?

****Again - I dont want anyone putting addtives that cannot handle the high pressure of our injector systems or higher heat of a diesel.

#16 ·
Ok.... looks like prolong is expensive. It appears they are using (chrolinated additives as a cleaning agent?) That can be corrosive big time.

Bottom like, a good oil and a good fuel and you are set. If you like what prolong is selling you "less friction" you will get that with a 5/40 syn diesel oil!

#18 ·
HEY GALAXIE

I USE IT IN THE 15 QT. AND 3 QT. ON THE TOP END IT SEEMS TO QUIET THE INJECTORS DOWN SOME BETTER THROTTLE RESPONSE I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH IT BEEN USEING IT FOR ABOUT YEAR . I CHANGE 18 QTS. EVERY 3000 MI. JUST TREAT THE OIL NOT THICKING IT UP SOME . TO EACH HIS OWN .

#19 ·
Got to do an oil change soon. I run Rotella 15-40 in summer. Changing to T6 synthetic 5-40 for the winter. (engine just getting broken in. first fill with synthetic) I used Lucas in the old engine, still got some, was going to add some. Guess I'll try straight oil. Kinda does defeat the purpose of going to thin oil for winter. Anybody run T6 year round? Do you increase the intervals? I plan a normal 5,000 mile change, but that stuff is pricey.

#20 ·
I use Amsoil 5w-40 all yr...luv it...

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#23 ·
no there is 3 qts that feed the fuel rails to the injectors, do some research and you will find that there is 15 qt in the bottom and 3 qt up top .that are forgotten about . never over full on my oil changes.it works for me and im not telling anyone what they should do or not to do this is what works for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.