Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ported intake manifold

936 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  85_305 
#1 ·
Alright, so last week my 2000 superduty cclb dually broke down.. the high pressure power steering line went to hell, So for the hell of it I thought I would port my intake manifold and polish the passinger side intercooler pipe and rewrap the drivers side with black exhaust wrap insted of that crapy looking insilated alliminum wrap. along with my red RiffRaff boots. i also sanded and smoothed the outside casting on the intake manifold and painted it gloss black. OH MAN! what a difference in throttle responce and turbo spool up. It was a job in a half but if you get a few different grits of 3" flap wheels and start with the heavy grit and work down you will make that rough casting slick as glass. and you will be very pleased with the outcome. i was! Now all i gotta do is install my DIY 6637 filter ccv mod. i can get pictures if anyone wants to see my set up. After i ported my manifold i wanted to see if anyone had a video on it and i found a guy porting his on youtube

#2 ·
Pictures are always fun.

#3 ·
Just fyi, the only purpose of that foil on the IC piping is to keep turbo noise down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.