Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

One hell of a daily driver in the making

25K views 111 replies 48 participants last post by  campbellflage 
#1 ·
Started out with my 2006 F150 Crew Cab short bed, with a 9" lift and some goodies inside. Well eventually I got bored from a lack of power and wanted a fresh start.

and moved on to this

See less See more
#5 ·
I assume it's getting a '12 front end? Looks like a lot of work going into it, can't wait to see the finished product.

#10 ·
Looks good what are your overall plans? Those 8"s or 10"s?

iPhone auto correcting incorrectly like a boss

#11 ·
16 inch air ride suspension updated interior, three tone paint job... Kinda making decisions as we go. Basically jus want to build a truck that gives me everything i could want or need, something i can drive at work for 9-12 hours a day. And theyre two tens

#18 ·
Began at 7am this morning by cutting off leaf springs

had a little patchwork to do

sanded frame with some 80 grit on a da, and shot a gloss black on it. Three very thick, heavy coats.

This truck wil never see leaf springs again

Primed helmet

Believe it or not this took me nine and a half hours just to do all that... Along with some other small things here and there. Hopefully can start selling off some of my old body panels, wheels, tires, and electronics, so I can start fabricating mounts for airbags and figure out where I can hide the compressor

#19 ·
Great work! I'll be keeping an eye on this...I wish that I had the shop capabilities to do this type of work!

#24 ·
hood dont fit, gonna have to do some trimming or find another cowl cover.

began to strip the front end suspension

Fuel tank, brake lines, and some electrical for tail lighs are all in my way from cutting off that second leaf spring

Ouch

#25 ·
Are you four linking everything?

iPhone auto correcting incorrectly like a boss

#26 ·
Started off the day by pulling an 85 corvette into the shop, sanded it all down and then got to work on my truck!

Pulled all the front suspension out today

One month in and this is how it all sits

One month in, and this is how everything sits. Gonna by some brackets and a couple airbags next week to figure out how to mount them, gonna try to get both front and rear console finished up, hopefully dash to! We'll see what happens

#28 ·
Subd lookin good looks like u got some help to that's always a plus on a job this extensive thanx for all good pics keep em coming

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.