Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

One hell of a daily driver in the making

25K views 111 replies 48 participants last post by  campbellflage 
#1 ·
Started out with my 2006 F150 Crew Cab short bed, with a 9" lift and some goodies inside. Well eventually I got bored from a lack of power and wanted a fresh start.

and moved on to this

See less See more
#78 ·
Good looking prodject subcribe

#80 ·
Were those .38 specials you found...lol

Wonder what they were doing there...

If I was going to the work to put that dash in, I'd cut out the factory gauges and install some Isspro or Autometer gauges in the factory location. Just b/c it would be different and more accurate. Even so, cool idea, I know I like the dash in my Dad's '10 6.4

#81 ·
sub'd...i'm lining up parts for my similar build...just not as "in depth" as yours!

#89 ·
Picture of my toolboxes if anyone cares

And some of the truck...

No way in hell stock heater core will even come close to fitting, already bought new one, waiting to pick it up.

Picked up all my door skins, all window switches. Waiting on new turbo parts.

#95 ·
Any updates to this build? Great work man!

#96 ·
what a process, eager to see how it all turns out. wiring is just the thing that would kill me

#98 ·
i hate electrical, may the force be with you on this, lol

love this build looking forward to more reading and pictures!

#99 ·
Hope things are going OK on this build. Sub'd.

#100 ·
Any progress since the warmup??

#102 ·
Snow finally melted and I finally started up work again (pools). I'm currently trying to run through all the wiring, and whats got me stuck is, I can't make any of the HVAC stuff work with the 2000's heater core, or the mechanical gauges and shift lever. I'm thinking I can retro fit the controls for the core, use the old column for now, and just make my own gauges and overlay them on the 08-10 face plate. Thoughts or suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.