Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

low key beeping from under dash???

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BRAD6160 
#1 ·
I have a 01 4dr 7.3 truck and im having a low key beeping sound coming from under dash its different from the seatbelt and parking brake chimes. it starts when i take off and its a series of 5 beeps about 30seconds apart For about 2 min then quits. somtimes it will start back after a while of driving. I do not have any check engine lights or anything on either. Thanks

#2 ·
My buddies F150 does something similar. It has something to do with his passenger airbag. I forget exactly what he said, but the beeping is indicating something about his passenger airbag. It doesn't last too long. Maybe a minute or two after start up and then doesn't do it again until next start up.

#3 ·
Mine beeps like that if the emergency brake is on...

#4 ·
It's more than likely an airbag. Most scanner will read the code for this from the GEM computer. Even the bulb burning out in the cluster will cause this to beep. It's generally to protect people from buying cars without airbags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.