dumb founded.... need some help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry dumb founded.... need some help

alright guys i have a 2000 250 7.3 6-speed 4 inch cat back diablo sport tuner and k&n cold air intake, well my problem is, my stock turbo **** the bed. replaced it with a rebuilt one with a wicked wheel. put 15 miles on the rebuilt turbo and it **** the bed started blowing oil out of the exhaust, the stock turbo started grinding first then started blowing white smoke and wouldnt build boost. the rebuilt one will still built boost but blows massive amounts of oil out of the exhaust side. is it possible the rebuilt turbo wasnt done correctly or is there something with my truck i should fix before i put my new turbo on, i cant go threw three turbos in 2 weeks. someone give me some advice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

get rid of that k and n intake, i bet that smoked your first turbo by letting dirt by. put a 6637 kit on there. dont try and run the truck if the turbo is blowing oil everywhere, if it starts dumping into your intake instead your engine may go runaway and blow up.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i havent been running it at all, i ripped the turbo off and just picked up my second turbo today, i had a triaxle at my company go runaway so i had that in mind.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.alford View Post
get rid of that k and n intake, i bet that smoked your first turbo by letting dirt by. put a 6637 kit on there. dont try and run the truck if the turbo is blowing oil everywhere, if it starts dumping into your intake instead your engine may go runaway and blow up.
I was going to say the same exact thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesseb_108 View Post
i havent been running it at all, i ripped the turbo off and just picked up my second turbo today, i had a triaxle at my company go runaway so i had that in mind.
Ouch.. not a good situation.

Are you sure the oil feed/return lines aren't gunked up? Who rebuilt the turbo? Typically rebuilds on traditional wastegated turbos go good because there isn't a whole lot to them.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well i got the new turbo on and so far so good, i think the guy who rebuilt the previous on just put the wicked wheel on and didnt balance anything out and it just shattered, guess that was my mistake on trusting a newbie at the diesel shop. not to mention i also ripped that turbo apart and found out the wastegate had been welded shut.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

glad to hear you got it going again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.